Partying, Drinking, & Personal Experience

In fact lets take a trip back to the 70’s…

I may have been there…

Yes… that was the 90’s, which is why I said it was later…

Gotcha.

10 char

I went to a small Catholic High School in the mid-late 90s. My experience was more sneaking-around drinking than the party atmosphere described here. We generally had to wait for someone’s parents to go out of town for any big parties.

The summmer before college was more permissible; one friend in the country had a pond and parents who were fine with us having a few beers as long as we didn’t cause too much trouble.

DId you witness or were aware of any sexual assaults happening at the parties?

I can’t think of any parents that I knew who would have allowed that in their house.

Not while I attended these parties but I would hear rumors.

We only had 120 students per class and most of the parents were pretty wealthy, so they all knew each other, for the most part. Looking back and comparing it to what other kids school days were like, it was pretty strange. However at the time it seemed completely normal.

Happened all the freaking time. The early 80’s were a time of pure debauchery.

I had a good family, was an AP student, played three sports, but partied heavily in H.S. Although my brother was 4 years older, and due to the fact that I was 6’3" by the time I was 15, and I ended up hanging out with an older crowd almost immediately in H.S.

Did you ever notice the guys when drunk being overly aggressive towards the girls?

At parties where the parents were in attendance, not really. At other parties, yes. But like I said earlier I didn’t attend a ton of them.

I graduated HS in 1963. Dallas/Ft.Worth suburbs.
Plenty of drinking in Junior High and High School. Every weekend.
Absolutely no weed or drugs. I never heard of a kid taking it, back then.
Very, very little crime from the kids. Vandalism is the worst I ever heard of- egging someone’s house.

I played sports in high school never partied… Now that one year in college and 10 years in the Navy was a different story

Right I played it straight until I turned 18. didnt like to drink; still dont

weed was my thing in college. pothead biggestal99 (weak ass pot by todays high THC days)

then I was done by 25, But those 7 years…

Allan

1 Like

I was in the AF and my first permanent assignment was overseas - no drinking age😀

1 Like

I can say- with mixed feelings- that I have never been drunk. While I’m petite, I’ve never exceeded what my body and mind can handle, and I’ll have a half a glass, max. Now my twin brother…he got drunk on our 21st birthday. He says it’s like being on a rocking ship.

One more thing…I’ve been drinking since I was 7 or 8, as I’m Catholic. One sip out of a chalice at Communion, but still :confused:
My parents have also allowed me to drink at family get-togethers, or inside the house, as long as there’s an adult with me.

Same here. But at that time I would have girl friends that were 21 and could buy alcohol. Remember, in the state of NJ it’s only illegal to drink under 21 if you’re at a place that sells alcohol. If you’re at a private residence that does not sell alcohol you can legally drink under age without parental consent.

Although I didn’t drink alcohol during high school I did smoke pot.