PARADISE LOST: Starving Venezuelans Compete with Vultures, Animals for Brazil’s Excess Garbage

Originally published at: PARADISE LOST: Starving Venezuelans Compete with Vultures, Animals for Brazil’s Excess Garbage | Sean Hannity

Millions of Venezuelans continued their desperate struggle against starvation and malnourishment this week; with countless citizens scavenging amongst vultures and other wild animals to obtain Brazil’s excess trash.

“Surrounded by vultures perched on trees awaiting their turn, Venezuelan migrants scrape out a living scavenging for metal, plastic, cardboard and food in a Brazilian border town’s rubbish dump,” reports Reuters.

“I left because I was dying of hunger. We are trying to get ahead looking through this rubbish. Every night I pray to God to take me out of here,” said a 23-year-old woman from Caracas.

“We are looking for copper and cans, and hopefully something valuable, even food,” said one pregnant woman. “My goal is to get out of here. Nobody wants to spend their life going through garbage.”

Read the full report at Reuters.