PANIC? Insiders Say Dems See ‘Weak Spots’ in Their Candidates Heading into 2020 Election

Originally published at: PANIC? Insiders Say Dems See ‘Weak Spots’ in Their Candidates Heading into 2020 Election | Sean Hannity

Democratic insiders are sounding the alarm with their current crop of 2020 presidential candidates; with many urging new challengers to enter the race as top-tier politicians fail to connect with left-leaning voters.

“When the 2020 Democratic presidential contest kicked off earlier this year, the massive field was hailed as the most diverse in history, with candidates who spanned the ideological spectrum and offered enough in a broad buffet of options to entice any voter. But after 10 months of campaigning and 15 hours of nationally televised debates, another emotion is rising: anxiety,” reports the Stamford Advocate.

“Party leaders and activists are citing weakness in all of the leading contenders, including former vice president Joe Biden, who has been forced on the defensive about his family’s ethics, performed haltingly in debates and set off alarms with his poor fundraising. They also fret that the two other top-ranking candidates, Sens. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., and Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., are too liberal to win a general election. Other candidates have had moments to shine, but none yet has fully transformed that into anything approaching momentum,” adds the newspaper.

“You can imagine much stronger candidates,” said one DNC insider.

Read the full report here.

Original Story: October 22, 2019

The New York Times weighed-in Tuesday on the Democratic Party’s growing frustration with the current list of 2020 candidates; reporting that political insiders are asking themselves “is there anybody else.”

“When a half-dozen Democratic donors gathered at the Whitby Hotel in Manhattan last week, the dinner began with a discussion of which presidential candidates the contributors liked. But as conversations among influential Democrats often go these days, the meeting quickly evolved into a discussion of who was not in the race — but could be lured in,” reports the New York Times.

“Since the last debate, just anecdotally, I’ve had five or six people ask me: ‘Is there anybody else?’” said a longtime Democrat.

“There’s more anxiety than ever,” added the wife of Sen. Sherrod Brown. “We’re both getting the calls. I’ve been surprised by some who’ve called me.”

Alarm bells went off after presumed frontrunner Joe Biden confused supporters with a series of speaking gaffes and poor debate performances.

The former Vice President has just $9 million on hand; approximately half of some of his 2020 opponents.

Read the full report at the New York Times.