Over a 1000 New Democrat voters departed Honduras new caravan

Oh those Democrat voters don’t need to travel all the way up here, we corrupt Democrat election workers will be more than happy to send them postage paid absentee ballots!

“The study also finds that the undocumented population from Mexico fell by almost 400,000 people in 2017 and that since 2010 the number of undocumented from that country fell by 1.3 million.”

Which is a very misleading statement since the other article stated that illegals crossing the southern border from Central America had increased.

But I agree with the cited article stating that more needs to be done regarding VISA overstays.

“Since more than one half of all US undocumented residents arrive by air, visa-issuing posts have become the real frontline deterrent to undocumented migration,” the study concludes. “This report suggests that more attention and resources should be given to that crucial mission of the US Department of State.”

I would think increased interior enforcement and adding ICE agents would be a great help.

Increasing the security through a wall is not the only cure needed by any means.

I agree. Make E-Verify mandatory with actual penalties and the entire motivation to come to the US is removed without the need to greatly increase the number of government workers nor build a 20 billion dollar wall

2 Likes

I’d even fill it out for them. Save a stamp or two.

Do we need to adress our immigration system? Absolutely

Do we need to enforce existing laws such as e-verify? Yup

Do we need a 2000 mile border “wall” across the southern border? Nope

No one is proposing a wall, or barrier, for the full length of the southern border.
Or at least Trump isn’t.

how would a wall stop thousands of people? people can climb over a wall.

Clearly you didn’t listen to Trump campaign when he promised a wall, a big wall across the whole border and Mexico was going to pay for it.

1 Like

“I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words”

Obama doesn’t agree with your assessment

So you watched that video and what you got out of it was that we need a wall at the southern border?

1 Like

Of course. Isn’t it obvious?

Want to hear something funny, due to all this wall stuff the Northern border is extremely under staffed.

Guess you totally missed President Donald Trump’s EXECUTIVE ORDER 13767.

:laughing:

Washington Post article,
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/after-years-of-trumps-dire-warnings-a-crisis-has-hit-the-border-but-generates-little-urgency/2019/01/05/9a79a0e0-103d-11e9-8938-5898adc28fa2_story.html?utm_term=.c7a498262c16

In 2017, Trump’s first year in office, he continued to insist on the urgent need for a border wall, even as illegal crossings dropped further.

With parts of the federal government shut down over what has morphed into the defining symbol of Trump’s presidency, administration officials are clamoring louder than ever. Only this time, they face a bona fide emergency on the border, and they’re struggling to make the case there’s truly a problem.

Record numbers of migrant families are streaming into the United States, overwhelming border agents and leaving holding cells dangerously overcrowded with children, many of whom are falling sick. Two Guatemalan children taken into U.S. custody died in December.

It is easier for thousands of people to cross an open field than it is for thousands of people to climb over a large barrier. That is why they build barriers.
Presumably these barriers would not be unguarded.

This wins the-most-interesting-thought-of-the-day award.

do you understand how many agent it would cost to staff a wall across the whole border?

Was this article suppose to help your argument? :joy:

Perfect border security is certainly not possible. Absolute enforcement of all laws is also not possible. We do not disband all police and law enforcement agencies because perfect enforcement can’t be achieved.