OUTBREAK UPDATE: Chicago Mayor Warns Residents Against Long Runs, Bike Rides During Pandemic

Originally published at: OUTBREAK UPDATE: Chicago Mayor Warns Residents Against Long Runs, Bike Rides During Pandemic | Sean Hannity

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot warned residents to refrain from long runs and bicycle rides during the pandemic Thursday; saying those violating citywide ordinances could be prosecuted and fined.

“Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot is warning residents not to go on long runs or bike rides in the city’s latest effort to crack down over the spread of coronavirus, even cautioning that residents could be arrested should they break the rules,” reports Fox News.

“Be smart,” Lightfoot said Wednesday, according to CBS Chicago. “Not only will our police be deployed to shut them down if you are not abiding by these orders, we will be forced to shut down the parks and lakefront.”

“You cannot go on long bike rides. Playgrounds are shut down,” she said. “You must abide by the order. Outside is for a brief respite, not for 5Ks.”

She added: “I can’t emphasize enough that we abide [by] the rules.”

“I hope that it doesn’t come to that, I hope that I don’t have to shut down the lake front, shut down all the parks, but I will,” said Lightfoot.

Read the full report at Fox News.