Out of many, one people

Happy Jamaican Independence day!
JamaicaIndyDay

On this day in world history, this happened August 6th 1962.
As a first gen American, just want to recognize the home my father and family.

13 Likes

Have a great day Jamerican!

I climbed the waterfall back in '90. Beautiful place to visit. On a side note, I spent in total about 7 hours on the island and while I wasn’t looking, was offered weed about 6 times. They need to be a little less “relaxed”. If you know what I mean.

Bought a Red Stripe beer for a good friend of mine as well.

1 Like

Enjoy this day bro. I have visited Ocho Rios, Negril, and Montego Bay. I went last year fro my 50th birthday and stayed at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. My bartender was a guy named Steve. I gave him a nice tip on the first day and he took care of my wife and I all week. I’ve traveled to the D.R., Costa Rica, Grand Caymans, Punta Cana, Cabo san Lucas, Puerto Rico, Belize and all over Mexico but NOTHING compares to Jamaica! Wish I could go this year but COVID won’t let me be great!

1 Like

I love Jamaica. And Jamaicans. Some of the warmest people you will ever meet mon.

And dayum. They are fast. :running_man:

1 Like

Enjoy your day!

1 Like

Back in 2008 was the first time I ever stayed at a resort in JA. Usually, as soon as I get off the plane at Norman Manley(many of the tourist come in through Sangster) I’m in a car and heading to the mountains and staying with family. First time at a resort (in MoBay) I loss my mind… whoo
in a good way of course.

I have to agree and I’m not being bias, with the exception of Barbados, I love JA way better than the rest of the Caribbean based countries. Yeah…COVID screwed things up, me and the wife were going there for our Anniversary in 2 weeks.

Dunns River Falls is still a serene and nice tourist spot.

I’m more of a Guinness guy, but Red Stripe works too.

Never been but would love to go one day