OUT OF CONTROL: NYPD Hunt for Suspect in Anti-Semitic Attack Against a Grandfather in Brooklyn

Originally published at: OUT OF CONTROL: NYPD Hunt for Suspect in Anti-Semitic Attack Against a Grandfather in Brooklyn | Sean Hannity

A 63-year-old man was violently attacked with a giant rock at a park in Brooklyn Wednesday, with the New York Police Department asking for help in tracking down the suspect in the anti-Semitic assault.

“There was a battlefield… When he saw me, he jumped towards me… Shutting rocks with full force towards my head,” he told CBS2’s Jenna DeAngelis. “Then, he jumped on me and start to fight with me, trying to knock me in the face – probably, I would say, 20, 25, 30 times with his fists, and I was protecting myself.”

“It was a hate… he said Jew, Jew. He said something in that direction,” he said. “He was for certain looking to kill. No doubt about it.”

“The NYPD Hate Crimes Task Force is investigating this despicable act of violence, and we will find the attacker. This city will stop at nothing to protect our communities from hate and violence.@BennysMusic, I wish your father-in-law a speedy recovery,” posted Mayor Bill de Blasio on social media.

The NYPD Hate Crimes Task Force is investigating this despicable act of violence, and we will find the attacker.

This city will stop at nothing to protect our communities from hate and violence.@BennysMusic, I wish your father-in-law a speedy recovery. https://t.co/EVSSKWF0M0

— Mayor Bill de Blasio (@NYCMayor) August 27, 2019

“I’m disgusted by the vicious attack on Avraham Gopin this morning in Crown Heights’ Lincoln Terrace Park. No one should be attacked, hate-fueled or not. Violence is violence, wrong is wrong. Contact @NYPDNews if you have any information on this crime,” added Brooklyn Borough president Eric Adams.

I'm disgusted by the vicious attack on Avraham Gopin this morning in Crown Heights' Lincoln Terrace Park. No one should be attacked, hate-fueled or not. Violence is violence, wrong is wrong. Contact @NYPDNews if you have any information on this crime. https://t.co/zSXx3065dF

— Eric Adams (@BPEricAdams) August 27, 2019

Read the full report at CBS New York.