Our spineless Republican House members, and their refusal to impeach deserving Justices

You know we’ve seen your posts over the years about RBG right.

1 Like

You are correct. Maybe thomas makes it to 100 or maybe he dies shortly.

It’s all averages.

Based upon averages, Thomas time on SCOTUS is just about up.

Allan

Do tell, what exactly did I say?

Be specific champ.

No because you don’t know that he is average, below or above average.

Lucky for woman’s right to choose? Yes! Roe vs Wade was decided wrong. And those that say it was, is not an indication of their feelings regarding a “woman’s right to choose”. It is an indication that the majority opinion in Roe does not conform to the defined and limited authority delegated to our federal government.

When Justice Thomas WROTE that Roe v. Wade “created the right to abortion out of whole cloth, without a shred of support from the Constitution’s text”, he was stating a fact! Justice Thomas did not author or help to ratify our Constitution, or any of its amendments. But he did take an oath to support and defend the will of the people as they have expressed it in a written constitution, part of which in, express terms, commands:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States, respectively, or to the people. ___ Tenth Amendment.

And, the Tenth Amendment’s very object is stated as follows:

The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected.

The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State." ___ Federalist 45

So tell us. Should our Justices take it upon themselves to pretend our Constitution does not mean what its text states, nor was intended by its framers and those who ratified it, and impose their personal sense of fairness, reasonableness, or justice as the rule of law?

Why have a written constitution adopted by the people, if its defined and limited grants of power can be set aside or altered by the very people it was designed to control and regulate?

JWK

“The public welfare demands that constitutional cases must be decided according to the terms of the Constitution itself, and not according to judges’ views of fairness, reasonableness, or justice.” – Justice Hugo L. Black ( U.S. Supreme Court Justice, 1886 - 1971) Source: Lecture, Columbia University, 1968

Waiting for roe to be overturn.

Dream on.

Allan

The above post classically illustrates the dangers of extrapolation, particularly in a non-mathematical context.

Since, Condition A (Safiel opposes impeachment) is true, therefore Condition B (Safiel supports Robert’s actions) and Condition C (Safiel supports a living Constitution) are true.

Conditions B & C do NOT logically follow from Condition A.

Your whole post goes off the rails immediately due to a logical fallacy.

Of course, I ardently oppose a living Constitution. I oppose many of Robert’s rulings.

I oppose impeachment as a violation of the principle of judicial independence, as established by the United States Senate in 1804.

To date, 3759 individuals have served as Article III Judges at all levels. By your exacting standards, it is likely just about all 3759 should have been subject to impeachment. Scalia and Thomas both made rulings that likely would have warranted impeachment.

Impeachment is never going to be a tool to purge the courts of individuals you do not like.

Better choices should be made in the APPOINTMENT process.

If you don’t do that, you can impeach as many as you like, hell, you can impeach all 1500+ individuals currently serving and you will end up with the exact same situation when new individuals take office.

1 Like

You have a very active imagination when you include me in your “A”, “B” and “C” example.

My gut reaction tells me our founders would most certainly consider many of today’s Supreme Court Rulings as an impeachable offense i.e., malfeasance, misfeasance, and non-feasance…at the very least “misdemeanor” offenses. But hey, I could be wrong and our founders could have embraced a total neutering of our Constitution’s Tenth Amendment, and our Court’s fraudulent usurpation of powers under a knowing and willing misrepresentation of the meaning of general welfare ___ a phrase intentionally tied to a list of particulars found beneath Article 1, Section,8, Clause 1.

And, with regard to your remark about “Impeachment is never going to be a tool to purge the courts of individuals . . . [I] . . . do not like” that comment is without foundation. My objection are judges and Justices who impose their personal sense of fairness, reasonableness and justice as the rule of law, rather than enforcing the text of our Constitution, and the intentions and beliefs under which its provisions were agreed to, as may be documented from historical records, and gives context to our Constitution’s text.

Why have a written constitution adopted by the people, if its defined and limited grants of power can be set aside or altered by the very people it was designed to control and regulate?

JWK

"The public welfare demands that constitutional cases must be decided according to the terms of the Constitution itself, and not according to judges’ views of fairness, reasonableness, or justice." – Justice Hugo L. Black ( U.S. Supreme Court Justice, 1886 - 1971) Source: Lecture, Columbia University, 1968

If Trump loses in November and (miracle of miracles) the GOP loses the Senate the hysteria posts are going to spike faster than COVID in Texas.

Still waiting for your fertile imagination to tell me what posts I made about RGB there champ. Don’t make a ■■■■■■■■ assertion you can’t back up.

And what does any of that have to do with Republican House members failing to impeach deserving Justices?

JWK