Our spineless Republican House members, and their refusal to impeach deserving Justices

Kavanaugh is a lying piece of ****, as confirmed by the Bob Woodward expose. But while it would have bee a valid grounds to vote against his confirmation, there are absolutely no grounds for Kavanaugh’s impeachment at this time.

As for Roberts, the precedent set in 1804 precludes his impeachment.

The Senate, by acquitting Samuel Chase in 1804, set the precedent that Federal Judges will not be impeached on the grounds of judicial philosophy, thus ensuring judicial independence.

I believe both the National Review and the Heritage Foundation have characterized John Roberts as a coward. Perhaps true.

But cowardice is not a grounds for impeachment. Nor is judicial pragmatism.

It is a sufficient grounds for people to be disgusted.

It is not a sufficient grounds for impeachment.

5 Likes

You certainly are the remarkable one! “Cowardice” and “judicial pragmatism”? What we are talking about is judicial tyranny! But hey, your sugar coating of Robert’s actions is the very kind of response I would expect from those who embrace a “living Constitution” susceptible to the whims and fancies of judges and Justices as opposed to being obedient to the text of our Constitution and its documented legislative intent which gives context to its text, and likewise being respectful of Article V which our wise founders included in our Constitution, and is the only lawful way to accommodate change, for alleged “changing times”.

So, I do imagine you disagree with Madison’s general statement, that
”The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands [our Supreme Court] . . . may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny.”___ Madison, Federalist Paper No. 47

While you wrap yourself in meaningless labels, “Cowardice” and “judicial pragmatism” we are really talking about a time honored procedure by which the true meaning of our Constitution can be discovered and enforced, rather than judges and Justices inventing meanings believed to be fair, just and reasonable and then fraudulently imposed as “the rule of law”, which is nothing other than judicial tyranny!

Safiel, let me suggest you set aside some time and study the Declaration of Independence, which surely was an indictment of King George, and lists many of the same Acts which our own federal government engages in, including members of our Supreme Court. i.e.:

He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.

He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.

He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.

He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.

He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the Legislative powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.

He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.

He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary powers.

He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.

He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.

He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.

He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power.

He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:

For Quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:

For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world:

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:

For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences

For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies:

For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws, and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:

For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.

He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.

He has plundered our seas, ravaged our Coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.

He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.

He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands.

He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

JWK

The whole aim of construction, as applied to a provision of the Constitution, is to discover the meaning, to ascertain and give effect to the intent of its framers and the people who adopted it. _____HOME BLDG. & LOAN ASSOCIATION v. BLAISDELL, 290 U.S. 398 (1934)

John…this judge totally agrees with you and was posted in the wrong thread. I fixed it. :sunglasses:

One mans judicial tyranny is another pragmatism.

Stare decisis is viable.

If we didn’t have precedents the justice systems would run amok.

The case was decided in 2016.

SCOTUS has ruled.

And last time I looked you are nothing more than a layman like I.

Allan

The nerve of people - wanting to take small steps to slow down the growth of a pandemic. I want my freedom to spread this virus, dang it!!!

Wrong thread. :sunglasses:

I believe you wanted this one…

Well we need to elect politicians with some courage to do that and frankly we are not going to get any Democrat today to do that and barely a few Republicans which is the only political party with a chance of reform because the Democrats are off the far left rails! Maybe if the R’s keep the Senate and get a majority in the House they can put the fear of a possible impeachment into Roberts because he is just a shameless and useless Justice.

Stare decisis is viable? Give it a freaken break.

Stare decisis is an invention used to perpetuate a fraud upon the people. And, Justice Roberts is a prime candidate for impeachment ___ he has repeatedly violated his oath to support “this Constitution”, has ignored being obedient to that part of our Constitution acknowledging and requiring “the rules of the common law” to be adhered to, and in particular, has refused to enforce the documented intentions and beliefs under which our Constitution’s provisions were adopted, which give context to the constitution’s text, and, in effect, Roberts has participated in tyranny be usurping legislative powers:

”The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands [our Supreme Court] . . . may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny.”___ Madison, Federalist Paper No. 47

JWK

Our Supreme Court has usurped legislative functions, set itself up as an unelected, omnipotent and unreviewable, policy making branch of government, and now pretends our Constitution means whatever it chooses it to mean.

Stare decisis is viable until is not.

It’s been in use in US courts for over 150 years.

Stare decisis is roe v Wade, which is still the binding precedent 47 years later.

Allan

I won’t give either side a pass on stare decisis to Judges of any temperament.

I do remember Earl Warren/William Brennan eviscerating 4 long standing precedents in a single day.

Any of the current Justices might stand on stare decisis if it suits them. Any of the current Justices might **** on stare decisis if it suits them.

Well we already have Thomas stating that roe was wrongly decided. Lucky for woman’s right to choose
He’s not gonna last much longer on SCOTUS.

Allan

What is that supposed to mean?

Exact as posted the life expectancy of an black male age 72 is approximately 13 years.

His time on SCOTUS is running out.

Allan

Psst that isn’t how average life expectancy works. Things like infant mortality are included to arrive at that number. How much risk of dying from SIDS do you think he has? As an example a white male who is 65 right now can expect to live on average 18 more years, even though the average life expectancy is lower than that. Which would only give him 13 more.

I went by the life expectancy of a black male aged 75 in the United States.

That’s exactly how life expectancy works. It’s a bell curve.

Allan

Not to mention all the poor lifestyle choices incorporated into the average life expectancy which may or may not be present in any individual.

Even if you use the life expectancy of his current age, it is still just an average and doesn’t say much about an individual. The average includes people that smoke etc.

Wow, what a ■■■■■■ up post.

You know we’ve seen your posts over the years about RBG right.

1 Like

You are correct. Maybe thomas makes it to 100 or maybe he dies shortly.

It’s all averages.

Based upon averages, Thomas time on SCOTUS is just about up.

Allan