Our greatest sin since Jim Crow?

That’s what “clarify” means.

Sure. And in some - most - places, it’s better than it’s been in any of our lifetimes.

That reality doesn’t do much for the people still living in the areas that haven’t improved since the 1990s.

Only in the sense that there are much less of them now.

What cities are you referring to?

My home away from home of Jackson, MS is a good example.

Some parts of south Jackson are just sad. The rampant poverty, mixed with one of the highest murder rates in the nation for a city of its size, makes portions of the city basically unlivable.

Memphis is just a ■■■■■■■■■■■■ But it’s been like that since the 1980s and that ain’t gonna change anytime soon.

That’s because of all the out of wedlock births.

Nice try. Thread not ended.

Old news. We need a current solution for current problems. And the dems are ignoring them.

Police state? Maybe. They are free to violate the ■■■■ out of the rights of the heroin addicts. I would settle for them picking them up and dropping them off in the suburbs where they came from.
The pandemic has been nice though. Kids and teens on their dirt bikes and quads roaming the streets without being harassed by the police. No violence for the most part. Everyone who gets murdered here had it coming, so the only issues are the mentally deranged and the suburban scum leaving their needles everywhere.

Best advice I can give anyone who visits your local inner city warlord stronghold and wants to remain safe is not to wear flip flops.

Nope. Democrats are in charge of this mess. And they hate Po-leece. I have seen no ideas from them.

Tbh Baltimore is ■■■■ because of the lead contamination. Two maps overlay each other perfectly there: one with the lead poisoning, and another with violent neighborhoods.

Maybe the democrats should have everybody tested for lead poisoning?

I don’t think Democrats are any better than Republicans when it comes to this.

Baltimore hasn’t had a Republican mayor since 1967.

Why are the Dem mayors dragging their feet in fixing this?

You are correct. But a republican cannot stroll into an area that is nearly 100 percent democrat and impose his will. This has to be solved by democrats. For decades they have ignored it.

Good idea. Those issues, however, transcend Dem vs rep.

I wouldn’t qualify suburbs that surround these areas as 100% democrat.

They shouldn’t be, if they are. The issue is probably far more complicated than wanton neglect. Also, the entire rust belt has cities like this. Majority black areas with high unemployment and majority white suburbs or neighborhoods that fled the cities during the civil rights era, along with all of the capital.

Add Buffalo and Rochester to the mix. Though I haven’t seen the anarchy and open air drug markets in Buffalo like I do in Rochester.

I’ve spent time in both, and I’ll agree that Rochester is worse.