Our greatest sin since Jim Crow?

In my opinion it’s the almost total abandonment of the inner cities. Crime ridden, drug infested, uneducated, gang run murder holes. Baby factories for the hopeless. And it’s been that way for decades. We did a better job of subduing Baghdad than we have done with Baltimore or Chicago. Why? These cities are typically run by democratic mayors and represented by democratic congressmembers. Yet they are nowhere to be found. Offering no help. For decades they have done nothing. Refusing to lift a finger to help. Refusing to even offer an idea to help these people. Again why? Why the indifference? Why the abandonment? Can anybody explain this? A sad story of total neglect.

Greatest sin since Jim Crow? Abortion. About 60 million deaths.

2 Likes

Maybe. But I don’t want the topic to be changed to abortion. We should do a separate thread for that. Since abortion is sin but not a crime I could change the title to " biggest crime" if you wish.

I will just bow out of this one. Carry on.

You don’t have to. It’s a serious problem. Agree? You always provide excellent feedback.

And most of them were minorities.

Topic gentlemen, topic. :persevere:

Sorry, but you did mention baby factories in your OP.

Neither the right or the left cares about the inner city.

The only way to “fix” the inner city as it now stands would involve destroying republican ideals. You would have to turn city cores into miniature police states.

Ultimately this is an issue the city cores have to fix on their own.

Japanese Concentration Camps

/ end thread.

Well they were operated alongside societal segregation, aka the Jim Crow laws. So they were simultaneous human rights abuses and those who pushed and supported those policies deserved stints in a gulag.

Just as long as whatever “fix” is attempted does not export the problems of the inner cities outside of those cities.

“Fix” it in place.

1 Like

That’s the thing. Everyone complains about the inner city but no one has any solutions.

I’ll freely admit that I don’t know what should be done about it to truly fix the issues. I know one way to get the “result” that people who have no relation to the inner city want. But that would involve destroying the residents’ civil liberties and putting their neighborhoods in a perpetual police state. And the corresponding political and social fallout that would create.

Sorry, but I’m not willing to destroy my ideals for that.

the solution to the inner cities is suburbia … those who had and have the means to flee do so…

Suburbia played a central role in why the inner city fell apart in the first place.

As the inner city middle class left for the suburbs, they took their businesses and more importantly their disposable income with them. With the flight came the economic collapse of historic city centers. And when the economy isn’t functioning, there aren’t many jobs for people to take. Poverty becomes entrenched, generation to generation.

Add to that the rise of the inner city gangs and the “wars” they fight and you get today’s situation, which is basically fubar but there aren’t any easy solutions.

I’m guessing it’s been a while since you’ve been in an “inner city”?

Nationwide, violent crime in “inner cities” is at the lowest point it’s ever been, in recorded history.

1 Like

I take it you can link to these statistics?

It’s been all over the news for the last decade or so.

But I’ll clarify my remarks. Nationwide, crimes rates are lower than they’ve been since the early 1960s.

Nice goalpost move and not what you said originally.

“Nationwide, violent crime in “inner cities” is at the lowest point it’s ever been, in recorded history.”

Show your work.

There are some neighborhoods that are basically war zones in all but name.

Nationally crime has went down. But in some areas it’s still ■■■■■■■