Our decisions affect others - vet dies because ICUs are filled

The gist of this thread holds true. In example, people decided to vote for Biden, and others died or were left behind due to that decision.

3 Likes

Do we have a right to not get infected with Covid from people who got a vax that didn’t work?

I don’t tell me what little chance… it only takes one, kinda like being sort of pregnant.

2 Likes

You do have that right. Which is way in some areas of the country, mask requirements for both vaccinated and unvaccinated are back in place and teh CDC recommends it for all parts of the country in crowded indoor settings.

Should everyone take reasonable precautions to not infect their neighbors? Including taking the vaccine which lessens the cancer of you getting covid, and thereby being able to pass it on, as well as shortening the time you are sick, and therefore shortening the time you are contagious?

I am a medical professional and wear PPE at all times at work. I wear an N95 mask. I am very careful. Not because of Covid, I am careful at my job because I do work with immune compromised people every day and have always practiced safe and sanitary airborne and blood borne pathogen safety. Everyone who works in this field is required by the state to practice these safety measures. A cold, the flu, any little bug could harm someone in a compromised state. That’s why we wear PPE, to protect patients and ourselves.
Washing your hands correctly actually probably has the biggest impact on not spreading disease.
Everything I touch in my office gets sanitized multiple times a day. Before Covid.

We live in a mean environment with a lot of germs. Even practicing all these things, people can and do still get infections.

People who get the vax too.

2 Likes

I’m sure that is difficult and demanding work and thank you for doing it.

But I am thinking more of, you or me, or anyone, out at a bar or restaurant, or movie or concert. Should we expect the people around us to have taken reasonable steps to ensure they are not going to get us sick?

Vaccine, so urgent.

Soldiers in the National Guard have until June 30, 2022, to receive their vaccines — six months longer than reservists of any other military branch, who have December deadlines.

2 Likes

The talking pts are particularly lame this time. :rofl:

2 Likes

Link?

Link?

This explains a lot.

Why other nations that lack an obesity epidemic and vaccines have done better…like China and India.

That is a bad flu season…frail elderly.

This adds context and perspective.

We should be confident in the vaccine and resuming pre-Covid activities.

Sounds like you work in a cancer treatment center and have a solid understanding of the risks and best practices for aseptic protocol.

:+1:t3:

That’s over twice the worst flu season in the last 10 years and 4 to 6 times a typical flu season.

Not when you factor in the elderly who were not obese.

My skinny 89 YO Alzheimer FIL breezed through asymptomatic…I wonder if his positive test was incorrect.

We should welcome this association with obesity and use it to also help those who are obese.

I know I do.

1 Like

I certainly am! lol

1 Like

So are hundreds of thousands of college and pro football fans.

They even cheer President Biden every week!

:football:

3 Likes

Well… they were cheering something to do with Biden anyway. :rofl:

3 Likes

A link to my opinion that health care work is difficult and demanding?

Stop trolling.

My aunt (75) and uncle (77) both had COVID and recovered after a couple of days of slight fever and coughing. Guess what? Neither are overweight.

1 Like

Yes. We need them to fight a pandemic so terrible they are running ads to remind us it’s still going on.

3 Likes