OTHER PEOPLE’S MONEY: Ilhan Omar -Who Makes $174,000 Per Year- Wants YOU to Pay Off her Student Debt

Originally published at: OTHER PEOPLE’S MONEY: Ilhan Omar -Who Makes $174,000 Per Year- Wants YOU to Pay Off her Student Debt | Sean Hannity

Controversial Rep. Ilhan Omar echoed similar calls from Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in recent days; demanding other Americans pay off their student debt despite earning a salary of $174,000 per year.

“I am one of the 45 million people with student debt—45 million people who are held back from pursuing their dreams because of the student debt crisis,” posted Omar on social media.

I am one of the 45 million people with student debt—45 million people who are held back from pursuing their dreams because of the student debt crisis.

It’s why I’m proud to stand with @SenSanders and @RepJayapal to pass #CollegeforAll and #CancelStudentDebt! https://t.co/DYiQ0RJgOq

— Rep. Ilhan Omar (@Ilhan) June 23, 2019

👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
👏🏽CANCEL👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽STUDENT👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽DEBT👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
👏🏽#CancelStudentDebt👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

— Rep. Ilhan Omar (@Ilhan) June 24, 2019

Rep. Ocasio-Cortez made a similar statement Tuesday outside the US Capitol.

“I have to disclose my personal stake in this fight. Because I have student loans too. I think it’s so funny that a year ago I was waiting tables in a restaurant. It was literally easier to become the youngest woman in American history to be elected to Congress than it is to pay off my student loan debt,” said Ocasio-Cortez.

Maybe AOC should look up the definition of a "loan" sometime…

Posted by Sean Hannity on Wednesday, June 26, 2019

“What a beautiful day to liberate future generations from the scourge of for-profit education, and for-profit student loan debt as well… This is about our entire economy,” she added.

Left-wing Senator Elizabeth Warren unveiled her latest proposal to radically transform the country’s education system Monday; calling for the creation of free public colleges and the cancellation of nearly all student loan debt.

“We got into this crisis because state governments and the federal government decided that instead of treating higher education like our public school system — free and accessible to all Americans — they’d rather cut taxes for billionaires and giant corporations and offload the cost of higher education onto students and their families,” writes Warren in an op-ed published by Medium.

“The first step in addressing this crisis is to deal head-on with the outstanding debt that is weighing down millions of families and should never have been required in the first place. That’s why I’m calling for something truly transformational — the cancellation of up to $50,000 in student loan debt for 42 million Americans,” she adds.

“Public college education is like a public K-12 education — a basic public good that should be available to everyone with free tuition and zero debt at graduation. My plan for universal free college will give every American the opportunity to attend a two-year or four-year public college without paying a dime in tuition or fees,” concludes Warren.

Warren has routinely vowed to “remake” the American economy on the campaign trail in recent weeks.