O'Rourke tops poll

Uh-huh…I’m just saying, very few of us Never-Trumpers thought Donald had a realistic chance against the Clinton War-Machine, and he ended up winning. If O’Rourke can’t even beat a weakened Cruz in Texas, I doubt he’s going to flip Texas blue for you.

Not nationwide. He couldn’t even carry TX a third of what Trump did.

The cool first name is made up. His first name is Robert.
His possible opponents could easily give themselves “cool first names”, to counter O’Rourke.
Biden could call himself “Plagiarist Joe”. Hillary could be “Big Butt Hannah” . I can think of several.

“Ted” Cruz

3 Likes

Oops.

10blueTX

The new Trump standard dictates that anything Beto did in his private life doesn’t count any longer, and any potential lies he told not only don’t count, but they’re not lies.

2 Likes

Hillary is not running, and even if she did, she wouldn’t win the primary. She’s done dude. You need to give up this fantasy. Focus on “being done with Trump”.

Well, unless we want to be hypocrites.

If we want to be hypocrites, then DWIs and lies from 20 years ago suddenly matter again.

#hypocriteNOThypocrite

I think holding people to the standard THEY set is fair.

Rafael says hi.

This place is going to be so sad when Hillary doesn’t run in 2020.

It’s not made up.

It’s the Hispanic nickname for Robert.

Nothing made up.

We get it, you don’t like him.

But don’t lie about him. It’s unseemly.

Allan

1 Like

Oh I think it’s terrible. Think of all the comedy you’re giving up.

Once Trump goes down, however he does go down, won’t it be hilarious watching them claw over each other and vault off each other’s faces to get to the moral high road again and pretend to care about DWIs and twenty-year-old lies?

1 Like

Anyone who has lived with people who speak multiple languages knows that they WILL use their pronunciation of your name (if there is one) as a nickname.

And not 60 year old ■■■■■ grabbing.

Allan

1 Like

No, that’s locker room talk. That will always be okay.

But telling a lie? That is liable to make a politician unelectable.

Here is mine in Spanish

Alano

Beto may refer to a person with the surname Beto, or the nickname for given names Alberto, Albertino, Berthony, Heriberto, Norberto, Roberto or Humberto. It occurs mostly in Portuguese- and Spanish-speaking countries and communities.

Next your going to say Roberto is hispanic for Robert.

Nope, spanish translation of Robert is Robert.

So No Beto is NOT a nickname for Robert.

Back to you to back up that Beto really is a nickname for Robert and not Roberto, or that his real first name is Roberto.

Genuine? He started off with platitudes and being a uniter and getting along. Then when it was clear he wasn’t making enough headway to win he started with the vicious attacks.
He will genuinely change with the wind.

This is important.