O'Rourke tops poll

Are you admitting he is using Beta to vote whore?

is he smarter than Trump, who he will be running against. That is the test.

Allan

Clinton wasn’t?

I am saying having a childhood nickname like Beto sure didnt hurt among his voters.

Allan

You think his Irish daddy or mama gave him that name?

That wasnt the question,

Is Beto smarter than the current president.

Allan

Your criteria. I understand.

Fact number 1 (I know these facts are inconvenient but Its okay): Both his father and his mother are natural born citizens of American, They are of Irish descent.

Fact number 2: Beto was Born a American citizen and given the nickname Beto by his American parents.

http://politics.blog.mystatesman.com/2018/03/09/so-he-changed-his-name-to-beto-and-hid-it-with-a-grin-on-the-deeper-purposes-of-the-cruz-jingle/

Allan

So his Irish parents gave him a Latino nickname. That’s what you’re going with?

I will go with the truth, His American parents gave him the nickname Beto.

whether you dont believe it, thats another story entirely.

But there are flat earthers out there too.

Allan

There are none so Irish as the American-born Irish.

The maid gave him his nickname while she was cleaning up after him.

Okay. Fair enough. Did you know that before this decision?

His father and mother are Americans, of Irish descent.

Why is that so hard for you to say?

anyone born in America is an American.

If they wanted to be Beto to be Irish they should have emigrated to Ireland before he was born.

of course Ireland was a very poor country back in the 70’s. so perhaps that played into their wanting their son to be an American.

Allan

Name argument is whether the name is made up. If it isn’t on his birth certificate, it is made up. Whether he made it up or someone else did, it’s made up.

Ted Cruz’s name is made up too using that logic. Just saying.

nobody is saying ■■■■ about that name.

face it, you dont like Beto. we all get that.

Allan

Allan

1 Like

By Rasmussen? The point being that Rasmussen is a right leaning pollster, and for Trump to be below 50 on Rasmussen means he’s probably in the high 30’s/low 40’s in actuality.

1 Like

Now I have not said I thought Beto would win, I was commenting on the contrast.

However, I do think Beto has the charisma needed to appeal to a wide range of voters. And while I get that Cruz isn’t popular, Texas is pretty red and Beto had a good showing.

Did I say that was criteria for picking a president? I did not. I said it would make quite a contrast.

Yes, Ted is made up.
Someone posted O’Rourke had a cool first name.
I replied:

“The cool first name is made up. His first name is Robert.
His possible opponents could easily give themselves “cool first names”, to counter O’Rourke.
Biden could call himself “Plagiarist Joe”. Hillary could be “Big Butt Hannah” . I can think of several.”

That launched a 50 post argument that “Beto” isn’t a made up name. Of course it is.

Beto does not deserve nor will he win the democratic nomination. Just stop