O'Rourke tops poll

People are saying that can’t be true.

I wish there was a way to find out what’s going on in Texas without living there. If only…

1 Like

That’s what his own party named him, try again.

Boom!

10individual1

That’s a vicious attack? In the last debate, he called Ted out on explicit lies. Ted said Beto voted FOR an increase in taxes on oil. The vote Ted is referring to was one where Beto voted “nay”. How does one vote for a tax where they vote nay? Because it wasn’t a ■■■■■■■ vote on a tax increase. It was a vote on denouncing a plan by Obama. Ted was completely misleading.

In the last debate, Ted mentioned that the tax cut did not increase the deficit. This is a complete lie. The tax cut empirically decreased revenue compared to the CBO estimate prior to its passage proportional to the increase in the deficit. It was a DIRECT cause of the increase in the deficit. Again, Ted was lying.

Also, in the last debate, Ted mentioned that Medicare for All would increase spending by $32 trillion dollars and would bankrupt us. However, he failed to say that the same report he was citing said that it would save us $2 trillion compared to our current system. How would Medicare for All bankrupt us but our more expensive current plan wouldn’t? At the very least, Ted was being misleading.

Lyin’ Ted isn’t a vicious attack. It’s a description of reality.

More like clown bus. In few months libs will be throwing O’Pourke under it for some silly reason. :wink:

The good 'ole days.

This one’s my favorite.

Then why did O’Rourke back away from it? Does he want to cover up reality if it benefits him?

**Beto O’Rourke, the Democratic U.S. Senate candidate, said Thursday evening he was not “totally comfortable” with having used the nickname “Lyin’ Ted” against Republican incumbent Ted Cruz in their recent debate.“It’s not something that I feel totally comfortable with, and perhaps in the heat of the moment I took a step too far,” **

Probably because the association it has with Trump. Cruz is in fact a chronic liar. Demonstrably so.

I’m sure O’Rourke’s handlers told him to back away from it because it didn’t go over well.
He had dropped the platitudes (You can be anything you want to be…etc) when he started falling behind.

O’Rourke’s unease follows a negative turn by his campaign in recent days, as polls have shown Cruz extending his lead. In addition to his swinging harder at Cruz on the debate stage, O’Rourke’s campaign came out with a [trio of anti-Cruz ads]

(Beto O’Rourke attack ads against Ted Cruz start to air in Texas | The Texas Tribune) the next morning, breaking further from the positive campaign he has long vowed to run.

I sense fear.

Beto probably couldn’t beat Trump. Please Libs don’t choose him

Please please please! Pretty please!

It’ll be Biden with Kamala Harris being his VP.

Confusing liberals with the White House SOP

“That’s not why we voted for him” is the new excuse.

Because your looking at poll from moveon.org

Oh, see, in reality, since no candidate, except for Toxic Donnie, has announced a run in 2020. So, any poll that is published is bunk to begin with.

I’d prefer to wait until actual candidates announce their intentions, then go from there. Of course, I won’t base my decision on who to vote for from a poll, I’ll base it on what candidate best suits my ideas.

Dude it’s a straw poll on moveon, I would definitely trust the 538, CNN, and Wapo polls over that. I remember getting excited in 2008 because Ron Paul was literally winning every straw poll only to come election time and watch him get crushed.

Beto is loved by Hollywood, Bernie has a massive following and they pretty much are saying the same things. Then throw in Senator Warren they all will be competing for the same vote.

Only centrist I see running with massive support and name recognition is Biden.

Straw man poll?

He leading the money polls on predictit.org

As the old saying goes. Money talks bs walks.

20% chance

Alano