Orange County, A Conservative Bastion, Turns Blue For The First Time In Decades

With my responses, I was talking about DEMs in the House not about you individually. I thought that was clear, but if it wasn’t I would like to clarify that now.

That’s the way the cookie crumbles. Elections have consequences.

1 Like

Not sure where you are going with that platitude. Of course elections have consequences. Now if only DEMs would accept the results.

You mean the results where we’ve won the House?

I was talking about the refusal by DEMs to accept that Trump is their duly elected President. I predict DEMs will use their house gains to punish Trump with endless investigations with the end goal of impeaching him ahead of the 2020 elections.

Sure thing buddy. I’ll gladly take a stagnant government if it means holding Trump and his corrupt administration accountable. And I will never back away from my principles, nor will I condone anyone who willingly associates with such immorality and unethical behavior. I refuse to make the same Faustian Bargain as others have gleefully done. And I will sit back and watch the decision to back Trump destroy the GOP from within. They made their bed, and now they’re laying in it as the party walls crumble around them.

4 Likes

I think what he’s saying is that as long as John Gotti is head of the party he’s not voting for that party.

John Gotti doesn’t have to lead the party.

2 Likes

How many democratic and republican Senate seats are up in 2020?

There is no doubt the Democrats will perform their Constitutional duty of oversight and holding the Executive Branch accountable for their decisions and corruption. As they should. And had the GOP shown even the slightest interest in doing the same, they may not have seen a historic beating from the Democrats in the midterms.

As for your belief that Impeachment is the end game, I’m doubtful of that. This is what the CEC has been pumping loudly. But Democratic leadership seems more acknowledging of the reality that without massive evidence of illegal behavior, pursuing Impeachment will backfire come 2020. Time will tell of course.

That’s exactly what I’m saying.

In fact, Nancy Pelosi has specifically taken impeachment off of the table (assuming she will be Speaker):

1 Like

This is much the same approach I am taking.

1 Like

Wow! DEMs sure have you hoodwinked.

Exactly. And I am under no illusions that it’s because she doesn’t believe Trump is unfit for office. This is a purely political calculation for the long term benefit of the party.

1 Like

I don’t believe her.

Oh, I’m sure you don’t.

But, even if she were to get an impeachment through the House, do you really think it is going anywhere once it hits the Senate? The republicans still hold a majority there.

Why do you care what we think about Trump?

Of course he won’t be removed from office. I honestly believe they are looking to inflict maximum damage to Trump ahead of the 2020 election cycle, in the naïve belief that their efforts will prevent him from being reelected.

I honestly don’t. But Never Trumper’s have made it very clear that they care what Trump supporters think of Trump.

If it’s going to backfire like you believe, why do you sound so angry that they’ll be investigations?

1 Like