Orange County, A Conservative Bastion, Turns Blue For The First Time In Decades

We shall see what kind of president trump is when he has to deal with the houses divided. Will he work for the people, or will he keep pushing right.

1 Like

That is not at all what you stated.

Lol but we are talking trump here, not past presidents.

Why do you think 40 congressial dristricts rejected trumpism and either ousted the incumbent or elected a member of the Democratic Party.

I mean can tell you the reasons why Clinton and obama were rejected

Hint they both got re-elected 2 years later. They saw what they did wrong in the first 2 years and corrected their mistakes.

Do you think trump can do what they did and overcome the midterms results.

Therein lies the rub.

Allan

Callie aka the United States.

Sometimes I wonder if trumpism realize there are other parts of the country besides Idaho and Wyoming and Missouri and Oklahoma.

Allan

I think it’s funny that the only places he can go is to backward states. The thought of Trump, a man who lived in a golden palace, only being welcomed in the Podunks of the country makes me laugh.

Many many illegal votes thanks to California handing out driver’s licenses to illegals and registering them to vote. Very stupid move.

Another true believing newbie.

5,000,000 illegal votes. Lol.

Allan

What makes you think Trump won’t be reelected?

In regards to correcting mistakes, Obama doubled down on his radical LW ideology and lost even more seats for the remainder of his time in office. His charisma and the overwhelming black turnout got him reelected.

He’ll keep pushing “Trump💰”.

Trump barely squeaked out an EC victory to the tune of less than 80,000 votes in MI, WI, and PA. All three of these states went heavily Blue in 2018.

Trump presided over the Democrats largest Congressional gains since Watergate. With a strong economy, low unemployment, and tax cuts, coupled with a favorable Senate field not seen in over 60+ years he was barely able to gain 2 seats in the Senate. He should have gained 8-10 easily if not for how loathed he is by the overwhelming majority of America.

This election was a complete and total repudiation of Trump and Trumpism. And the barrier he had in PA, MI, and WI have vanished. We shall see if over the next two years Americans change their mind regarding Trump. But I’m doubtful. He won’t change being the immoral, unethical boor that most of America abhors.

3 Likes

I think Trump will be reelected. There are way too many people that are just like him or simply like him and how he acts at this point.

For the DEMs, you Never Trumper’s are the gift that keeps on giving. :+1:

Nowhere near as much as Trump and his supporters. Thanks to them the Democrats saw historic victories in these midterms. America is rejecting the immoral, unethical boor and his complicit followers that used to be the GOP. And that gives me hope for the soul of our nation. This experiment will soon be over, but the stain will remain for some time.

2 Likes

Give it a rest will ya! :roll_eyes:

The truth stings. I know. But I will not stop speaking honestly and truthfully about the arguably most immoral, unethical, corrupt man to hold the office of the Presidency.

3 Likes

Precisely. Without Trump or Trumpism, the political landscape would look much better for Republicans right now. The Republican party has turned off voters like myself for the foreseeable future. Those who were already independent or Democrats see Trumpism as even more distasteful. The Republican brand is a damaged brand right now, and it is hard at this point to predict when or even if the republicans will be able to ever redeem themselves from this stain that Trump has put on their party. It won’t be easy.

2 Likes

Excellent post. Spot on. Trump has undoubtedly done massive long term damage to the Republican Party. Whether it is irreparable is still to be determined. But his decision to double down on only trying to be the President of a vocal minority, rather than expand the base, is killing the party. And I suspect more and more will abandon the party in the next two years as well, as he won’t try to change his approach at all.

1 Like

Yes, Trump made the midterms about himself - and was soundly rejected. He could have taken the message he received and learned from it, to change in a positive way to try to correct his mistakes. Instead, he seems to be doubling down - and I don’t believe it will end well for him.

2 Likes

I welcome the both of you to vote for more moderate Democrats, or there’s always the Libertarian Party. If enough “sane” Republicans switch to the Libertarian Party there’s a chance you could guide it away from it’s more kooky tenancies.

1 Like

I actually voted for a couple of libertarian candidates in 2016 and 2018. I even voted for a moderate democrat for the first time this year.

Prior to Trump, I would have never even considered voting for even a moderate democrat - so Trump has significantly changed my voting habits. I am officially and independent now.

1 Like