Orange County, A Conservative Bastion, Turns Blue For The First Time In Decades

Too complicated to get mid term results, but in presidential elections, there seems to be a trend for a while and then a huge shift with Obama/McCain and an even bigger shift with Trump/Clinton.

So, okay, but there was a trend underway also, so it is a combination of things.

|GEORGE BUSH 586230
|MICHAEL S. DUKAKIS 269013

|BILL CLINTON 306930
|GEORGE BUSH 426613

|BILL CLINTON 327485
|BOB DOLE 446717

|BUSH/CHENEY 541299
|GORE/LIEBERMAN 391819

|GEORGE W. BUSH / RICHARD CHENEY 641832
|JOHN F. KERRY / JOHN EDWARDS 419239

|JOHN MCCAIN / SARAH PALIN 579,064
|BARACK OBAMA / JOE BIDEN 549,558

|MITT ROMNEY PAUL RYAN 582,332
|BARACK OBAMA JOSEPH BIDEN 512,440

|HILLARY CLINTON TIM KAINE 609,961
|DONALD J. TRUMP MICHAEL R. PENCE 507,148|

I’m going to plop this here because some interesting stats from exit polls in the midterms.

In Texas Tarrant county (Ft Worth) a bastion of hard core republicanism voted for Beto.

Its the first time They voted for a democrat in a statewide election since 1994

of the 10 largest counties in texas beto won 8. in the other 2 cruz had less than 55%.

Texas is turning purple. as more people move into texas it wont be lont until teh dems atrt winning statewide seats

1 Like

It’s possible those Republicans just saw what a horrible human trainwreck Trump is, there are Republicans like that.

Some Republicans are starting to realize that putting their faith in Donald Trump is like taking this first step to building their treehouse.

The rest remain invested in the cult of personality.

2 Likes

Venezuela.

Yup.

That is my theory. With no jobs in rural America those areas are quickly dying and there are no people to replace the loss in population.

Younger people and minorities are pouring into urban centers and they vote D. It’s even happening in states like Oklahoma. Pretty soon, the areas where people actually live in red states - will turn those states blue.

[/quote]

Venezuela.
[/quote]

LMAO

10flyaway

Correct same as here in jersey the burbs voted blue.

What used to be red is now blue. oc. Jersey.

The burbs voters revolted.

I never thought I would live to see the day when I has a Democratic Party house member. I had given up all hope that is until Donnie took,office, did his tax reform plan which screwed jersey and Callie’s citizens.

Allan

You can already see it in Texas, in the 5 highest populated counties in Texas, Beto won by 750,000 votes. Cities are getting even more democratic than before.

Allan

Yup.

They want progressive policies put in place. They have zero desire to go backwards - which is what the Regressives advocate. They want to live in the 21st century.

Lol peek. Welcome back.

Now that they counted all the ballots and the dems have taken back the House, (where did we hear that back in March…hmmm I wonder)

And you said let’s count the votes.

The votes have almost all been counted and it looks like is gonna be 232-203 in favor of the good guys.

So I would like to here your thoughts on the subject.

Are you will to share them yet @peek-a-boo

Allan

Welcome back Peek! We missed ya!

This is my second extended hiatus. I’m kind of burned out with politics, opting instead to pursue my other interests.

In regards to the mid-terms, I intentionally didn’t predict an out come so that I wouldn’t jinx the results. My record over the last several years has been zero percent.

As to the outcome, it pretty much went as was predicted by the pundits. The house flipped and we saw a couple of gains in the Senate.

In comparison to Bill Clinton’s and Obama’s first midterm, Trump didn’t do too bad.

Didnt do too bad? I see you intentionally left out the 7 governorships that flipped blue along with a large number of state legislative houses that flipped blue including several in red states that almost never go blue. You left all that out just to mention the GOP picked up a couple of seats in traditionally red states.

What happened on Nov 6th was bad for the GOP, real bad. Two more years of Trump and his Twitter fingers flying and there wont be much left of the gop.

2 Likes

Eh. Rasmussen had it at +1 R, it has ended up +8 or 9 D.

1 Like

Add to that that the governorship in GA came within a couple of points of turning blue - and GA is a deep red state. The SOS election is going to a runoff.

the GOP almost managed to lose a senate seat in texas of all places.
and what used to be GOP margins of +2- or more in down ballot races turned to +5 in staewide races.
and a lot of local seats flipped.

it was pretty much a complete disaster for the GOP

3 Likes

But yet they have less majority then repugs had in115th.

Now you have to govern.