Opening schools does not spread Covid. That's Science

Science…

Children of all ages now make up 10% of all U.S cases, up from 2% in April, the American Academy of Pediatrics reported Tuesday. And the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Monday that the incidence of COVID-19 in school-age children began rising in early September as many youngsters returned to their classrooms.

The AAP research is based on reports from public health departments in 49 states, New York City, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and Guam. New York state doesn’t provide data by age. Most states count children’s cases up to age 19, though a few use different age ranges.

As of Sept. 24, the AAP counted nearly 625,000 youth cases, up to age 20, a 14% increase over the previous two weeks. Deaths totaled 109, well under 1% of all COVID-19 fatalities in the U.S.

As of Monday, the CDC counted over 435,000 cases in children from age zero through 17 and 93 deaths. The groups’ totals differ because they include different ages and time periods.

It looks as though There are a great deal of cases among school aged children.

Amazing.

It’s all about the kids and safety.

3 Likes

Warning people about what they choose to share, on their own page.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

And it’s nonsense. I highly encourage teachers to post bikini pics from their beach vacations.

A picture of me in a bikini is something NO ONE needs to see, my dude. Trust me. :wink:

1 Like

Oh I forgot, there’s no more men and women. Sorry

1 Like

That’s crazy…but it shows some hypocrisy by some of these teachers. I have seen this with some of my wife’s more arrogantly stupid colleagues in the teaching profession…those who like to go on our town’s COVID community page, and then post pictures of Christmas in Disney, or at some resort…Here in the Midwest, its all the rage to go the the waterpark capital of the Midwest, the Dells and book a waterpark hotel for a week. All of which tell a different story than what they are complaining about. The Union is trying to paint a picture of schools being unsafe…And these teachers are constantly showing that in their personal lives they don’t give a rats ass about safe or not.

It’s really quite funny.

They are also demonstrating how safe this country is to have leisure in. Can’t have that. :wink:

2 Likes

One thing you should know…Schools have figured out how to avoid posting actual COVID numbers…

My Local Corporation of which my wife is a teacher…has shown since the fall that they do not intend to let anyone know what their actual numbers are. For instance, the official story for two weeks was that the football team was quarantining for 10 days due to one exposure of one positive. When the bottom line, more than half the varsity and JV players were actually out with COVID…but in order to get them back to playing as soon as possible and not cause the schools to close…they told the players and parents to say their kids were on quarantine. Thus most of these numbers didn’t get reported. One lady who has two sons on the varsity team, who works with my wife, told my wife this is exactly what was going on. Then guess what, that teacher got COVID from her son’s and she had to quarantine for two weeks because she hosted a football dinner at her home while they were all on “quarantine” Causing her colleagues in Kindergarten to also quarantine as well. Corona is out there in schools it is just not being reported so schools can stay open.

Schools that have been upfront and reported their cases have also had to shut down for two weeks like my son’s school where he teaches.

I still would not be going to amusement parks or resorts, but that is me…I know too much to not be cautious. Plus even with the vaccine my wife may still be too vulnerable. I just don’t know yet.

You have every right to be cautious. Always have.

1 Like

I know. I just don’t like it when some call it being scared. I have been at work 40 to 50 hours per week since June of last summer, I have gone into locations when 4 of the 8 people who live there were sick with COVID. I have made visits with my staff and gone into see them and tell them what a great job they were doing not knowing if they were sick or not. I have even worked as direct care staff on several occaisions.

I am not scared of anything. I do my job, and am very very cautious not to bring it home to my wife. That’s all. And as such, I have learned as much as I can about this virus…so I know how to protect us. My wife gets her second vaccine a week from tomorrow…and then I will have just a bit of breathing room to finally say…RELAX. It has been a year of hyper-vigilance for her and my clients and staff and their families. Scared…NO WAY. Vigilant yes, cautious yes. Just not scared of it.

If you’re not scared, there doesn’t seem to be any reason to take it personally. :man_shrugging:

I recommend taking the same cautions against the flu. There’s no telling how many immunocompromised people you’ve previously infected with that given the field you work in.

1 Like

Funny thing you bring up the flu…I have had it twice in my life…Once in College and once in like 1990 or 91. I think that we are seeing a way to keep our flu numbers down in years to come. Wear a Mask. It’s pretty simple.

Twice that you know of anyway. :wink:

It’s a false narrative created by a person or person’s who think they know me and my thoughts. My leadership and management technique is always plan for the worst case scenario and work backwards from there. Which is why I have my belief that it was wrong for President Trump to not be upfront with the American People in the beginning as he admitted to try to keep us calm. I have always planned for the worst, and with those plans in place…expect the best.

If that helps explain about my own philosophy on why I react to COVID stuff the way I do. A year ago my initial feeling was that we have the best health care system in the world, and we do. But our “arrogant stupidity” brought us to 500,000 dead. I say that because we were soooo arrogant as to not believe that what we knew in March or April could not and would not change in July or August. We were too arrogant in our beliefs that Fauci got it wrong in March or April why should we trust in what he says in July?

The Arrogantly Stupid is not an indictment on anyone here…it is an indictment on the US as a whole. It is not an Indictment on Trump…it is an indictment on government as a whole.

Honestly, my biggest illness that I deal with is a sinus infection. I had walking Pneumonia in college once too. Never have I had it again. I have a strong immune system…I don’t get influenza. I don’t get a flu shot. I used to get Stomach Virus’s and spend two or three days puking more than anything.

I get a laugh out of it when these videogame characters do that over lil’ ol’ me. lol

Believing that is a surefire way of getting more control over your life (by someone else, not you :wink: ).

I used to have a garbage immune system. Sick all the damn time as a kid. Probably had to do with moving around all the time growing up on AF bases. By the time I was 16, the only thing I ever caught was tonsillitis once or twice a year for about a decade, and since then it’s very rare for me to catch a fever, and even if I do, it’s gone within 24 hours.

Sweety, our governor is not Dem, at least not officially, and I don’t like the man (keeping Planned Parenthood fully operational while kicking small businesses in the teeth), but, AFAIK he didn’t force any nursing homes to admit anyone.