Opening schools does not spread Covid. That's Science

So why keep them closed? Here’s a nice article explaining that schools that are open have less Covid than the surrounding community…

" “Everyone had a fear there would be explosive outbreaks of transmission in the schools. In colleges, there have been. We have to say that, to date, we have not seen those in the younger kids, and that is a really important observation,” said Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/feared-covid-outbreaks-in-schools-yet-to-arrive-early-data-shows/2020/09/23/0509bb84-fd22-11ea-b555-4d71a9254f4b_story.html

Just more proof so many dems believe so much that’s just not true…

He posts the day Boston delayed their in person reopening again because of rising COVID rates.

2 Likes

Were they caused by going back to school, or did some dem governor required covid patents be sent to old people homes filled with non infected people?

Oh great to know! I will tell that to the three teachers and 2 aides in my district who caught it.

Did they die?

Did you read the article?

You didn’t read the article. It very clearly addresses that.

If they’re like my kids schools they are at 50% in person, mask wearing and plexiglas shields and they are still turning up 1-3 cases a week.

Kind of a silly OP to say “hurr durr the ‘Roma hasn’t spread like they said it would”. That’s because of extreme mitigation and it’s still getting around. Just a matter of time.

Great criteria! The very lowest bar set. Well done!

2 Likes

“Delayed reopening”. They haven’t gone back to school, so it couldn’t be that.

And…NYC closing over 300 schools.

Just this minute, on tv:

5 Likes

The article in the OP is also a couple weeks old. Things are changing, rapidly. Who would guessed that by Corona would be rampaging through the WH?

Actually that wouldn’t have been a super hard guess, just getting the timing down would be challenging .

This jibes with what the science has shown…that elementary schools are probably safe to reopen, but junior high, high schools and colleges may not be.

And the schools that are reopening are likely practicing good distancing/protection.

“Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, a Republican, has pushed schools to reopen for in-person learning, but state guidelines don’t require students to wear masks at school and many districts have opted not to require them. In the past month, the state has seen a 34 percent spike in infections among children…”

1 Like

Did they catch it in the school?

Believe the science – at least the statements and studies (from among a plethora of conflicting statements and studies) that support your particular agenda. :roll_eyes:

Anything counter to the agenda needs to be disparaged and denigrated – along with whomever raises anything counter to the agenda.

“Believe the science” !!

From the article…

This does not mean the risk of contracting the coronavirus is zero. Poor and inconsistent reporting in many parts of the country means that experts do not yet have a full view of the situation, and most schools have been open for only a few weeks. It’s also unclear how closely the incidence of the coronavirus in schools is tied to policies in schools such as mandatory mask-wearing.

On Wednesday, researchers at Brown University, working with school administrators, released their first set of data from a new National COVID-19 School Response Data Dashboard, created to track coronavirus cases. It found low levels of infection among students and teachers.

K1: This tracking was based on the reporting of 1,230 students as of TODAY. This article was written two weeks ago. My local High School has 3 times that number. So how could anything scientific be based on such a horribly small sampling size. Schools in my area that are seeing a rise in cases, especially on football teams, are simply telling kids to switch to e learning and stay at home until they are negative. They are not reporting. So there’s that too.

In suburban Atlanta, the Cherokee County School District encourages but does not require masks for students in most circumstances and requires them for teachers and staff members only when they are not able to keep a distance. Officials have tried to reduce crowds in hallways by staggering bell schedules and eliminated large gatherings such as assemblies.

The schools opened for in-person learning in early August, when coronavirus caseloads in the area were high, and since then, at least 381 positive cases had been identified, each one triggering a two-week quarantine of teachers and classmates who may have been exposed. At one point, more than 2,329 people were in quarantine and three of six high schools were temporarily closed.

K1: I think it is too early to tell…and as I pointed out above. There are schools not even reporting, Hell, our own local highschool…One of the top 10 high schools in the state has the entire Spanish Department out with Covid. 4 teachers. My wife’s school has the entire Kindergarten section out with COVID. three teachers.

That is likely not getting reported to any Brown University Data Base anywhere.

Like the OPer citing the WaPo story that does not support the title?

:rofl:

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/publish?EQBCT=5e0bda014cde48449e82314b8154467b

Here is a listing of Indiana Students who are positive within the State. It gives a total of 194. I can think of at least 4 kids that I know are positive right now within my school district that are not even listed here.

How do we actually know anything about schools, when they are purposefully hiding the data?