Only Republicans Gerrymander

Except Travis county of course.

Allan

1 Like

That’s for courts to decide.

Allan

Why so combative?

And the Woker the better. You’re beginning to understand CT. Good for you!

2 Likes

The record shows that both parties gerrymander and that both parties took cases to the SCOTUS challenging political-based gerrymandering.

I didn’t like the SCOTUS ruling but we will have to live with it. Notable it was the conservative justices that voted to preserve political gerrymandering.

A ruling the other way would have restricted political gerrymander everywhere and for both parties. This is the outcome I desired.

What was the lie?

when democrats do it, is it called gerryPERSONdering?

1 Like

Hey, I’ve NEVER said only one side or the other does it. I will say that if one doesn’t have a problem with their favorite side doing it, then don’t get their panties in a bunch when the other side does it as well.

Racism.

The most developed D vs R case was from Wisconsin (Gill v Whitford)

And it was based on political gerrymandering not race.

Interesting to think that if political gerrymandering was outlawed, it could clarify and disrupt racial gerrymandering. Perhaps with some racially described districts being challenged as politicaly described.

1 Like

FYI, HR-1 was introduced by Democrats in 2019. Part of HR-1 was to combat partisan gerrymandering by introducing independent commissions to draw district lines

It passed the House with virtually no Republican votes and was blocked by Republican Senate.

1 Like

That’s just a single word. What was the lie?

1 Like

Dems have done a masterful job of convincing the world that everything republicans do is because they are racists.

1 Like

Maybe so.

But if that is the lie perhaps your title should be changed from:

“Only Republicans Gerrymander”

That title disguises your point.

I see now, changing the title would make your linked article less relevant to the real lie you are contesting.

Both parties gerrymander, and always have.

The endless whining about “hypocrisy” when one side does it while complaining when the other side does goes both ways.

1 Like

Oh no, when dems do it it is “giving minorities a voice”. Republicans are just racists.

Is race even a major component of the overall gerrymandering problem?

I get that is it aggravating for D to have a race card to play, and it grabs headlines, but my understanding is that gerrymandering has been implemented much broader than race dominated districts.

And with SCOTUS giving it the green light it will be fully implemented in every state where one party has control (2 of 3 branches).

Except the Orthodox Jews…they don’t deserve a voice. District 10 Jerry Nadel

Block by block to silent their voices.

1 Like

We’re talking about democrats here…so yes it is racial driven. And bigotry too.

2 Likes

Are Orthodox Jews a race?

Seems to me this is political, plain and simple.

Allan