Only 7 republicans say they would not vote to remove Trump from office

Are Republicans able to mount a substantive defense of Donald’s behavior regarding his actions with Ukraine, or is this just about attacking the way the Democrats are conducting the inquiry?

1 Like

This is a great question. And we are seeing that after several days of explosive and revealing evidence coming out, that they cannot effectively defend against the actions taken. They have resorted to process defense, and process defense alone. That is a real indicator of just how bad this is. When even the propaganda arm of the Trump party cannot concoct a lie plausible enough to give cover to his sycophants to run with, you know it is a real problem.

But i thought this was a soviet coupe unconstitutional witch hunt

Secret Soviet Style! Secret Soviet Style! Secret Soviet Style!

1 Like

They are hanging on to the Biden thing even though it doesn’t add up nor make any difference to the things that Trump did.

It’s a desperation defence.

Here’s the real article by the daily caller:

https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/22/republican-senator-ruled-out-impeachment-trump/

You can check out the responses of individual Senators. Many didn’t answer the question at all but just referenced some answer they had issued earlier.

I wouldn’t say an impeachment was impossible. Whether anything he did is significant enough for an impeachment likely is going to depend on how the public views this. If it winds up with something like 25% support, Senators are not going to want to go down with him.
We are a long way from there though. There are still facts to consider.

More in depth than the Frontpagelive, but still doesn’t change the fact that only 7 ruled it out, which can’t please Trump. Isn’t impeachment approval up to somewhere between 51-55%?

The evidence has not been presented, the trial has not begun.
You can’t reasonably say that if additional information is provided that demonstrates a serious crime that you wouldn’t consider it…or you shouldn’t.
I’m surpised 7 would say that, though perhaps they meant just based on what they know now.

The trial hasn’t begun, no. But Mulvaney, Taylor and others said there was quid pro quo and basically extortion. Now I wouldn’t expect anyone to say they would convict, yet, but given the ability of the senate to look the other way on anything Trump does, I’m quite surprised only seven have ruled it out. Of course that doesn’t mean the rest have ruled it out - just that they haven’t said so.

It’s only a political favor if there is no good reason to investigate the Bidens.

1 Like

If there were good reasons he wouldnt have waited 3 years into his president, until the primaries to start a shadow operation outside of the state department

2 Likes

And the fact that he wanted them to say that Ukraine interfered with the election, not Russia?

That would be my approach in the Senate. If there is reason to investigate Barisma and the Bidens, then just because Biden is a potential political opponent doesn’t earn him an exemption from investigation. Heck, Trump’s political opponents were ready to jump in on the fake Russia collusion investigation with less probable cause than there was to investigate the Bidens.
Bring up evidence to show that there was plenty of probable cause for an investigation.

Must be nice living in such a disconnect from reality

1 Like

No evidence he tried to get them to any conclusion on anything. He just wanted an investigation.

1 Like

Even after everyone and their uncle said it was Russia that interfered, he wanted Ukraine to announce they were investigating whether they interfered, not Russia. He wanted them to make that announcement. Why?

Actually, I’m not sure that he ever asked specifically for that to be investigated. However, if he did, announcing it wouldn’t do him any good politically. The Mueller report already cleared his campaign of cooperating with the Russians, so it really wouldn’t be a matter of much political impact just to announce it was being investigated.

Shadow Operation!

Yes he did want that as well as an investigation of Biden. Who would that benefit?

The truth, hopefully.
Did you ask that question about the Russian collusion investigations?