One thing sad about a Biden win

The OP is a compare and contrast between Trump and Biden. How dare I reference what the OP actually said question mark.

It’s sad because I remember the excitement that Obama brought as well as Sanders and Trump. The Biden campaign is like going to the nursing home on bingo night.

I’d still like to know the appeal besides “He ain’t Trump dur” of Biden. I actually get the appeal of Bernie Sanders it’s scary but I understand the appeal I would even understand the appeal of a mayor Pete, but again Biden. policies that people are excited about under of Biden, who has a pretty horrendous record on war which didn’t use to be something democrats would like.

Trump is literally a part of the OP

:man_facepalming:

Yeah, you’re right. My bad

3 Likes

The same reason Warren G. Harding was appealing.

(One would hope Biden didn’t turn out like Harding).

But again, eliminating the “excitement” out of politics would be a good thing.

Nirvana had no idea in the 90s just how accurate they were:

“We feel stupid, and contagious
Here we are now, entertain us”

Trumpism is just the most obvious, clownish expression of it.

3 Likes

Last thing I want is a crusading government.

Why I didn’t vote for Obama or Trump.

I want a government that knows the issues it’s supposed to handle at its level, and handle them.

If I need inspiration for my life, I’ll look elsewhere, thank you.

Restoration of respectful relationships with international allies, and American principles.

1 Like

Coolidge is probably a better example of normalcy.

But under Coolidge the Great Depression was set up.

Good Show!

[Not a ping, a complement on being able to man up.]
.WW

1 Like

I can answer Biden brings youth, vivacity and vigor to the campaign, that is sorely missed since Obama.

Realpolitik doesn’t sell with enough Americans. It’s dry, unsexy, not given to blind partisanship, and too often compromises with political opposition rather than snipe at it for yuks.

And just to short circuit the inevitable whataboutism - yes, both sides do it.

Trust me.

I’m realpolitik through and through…despise ideologues.

Which is why I can get people on the Far Left and Far Right to hate me at the same time.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

There will be a return to the values and principles narrative as well, specifically issues related to sex and reproduction.

All part of the narrative.

Ah, but see, there is no such animal. You criticize Trump, therefore you are an Antifa loving lib!

I think you underestimate the depth of his psychosis. He’s going to put in immediately for reelection in '24 and continue with the creepy rallies, over the top interviews on fox, and nutty twitter rants. He will NEVER relinquish being the center of attention.

3 Likes

Set up, true - but while he was in office times were good in the roaring 20s, and he pretty much kept quiet (silent, even), and took lots of long naps. No drama.

I knew no one who was excited about the wall.

Most knew it was a scam, which it turned out to be.

Allan

But isn’t ‘24 supposed to be Don Jr. or Ivanka’s year?