One term presidents in the last 100 years. Rank them

Let’s say for arguments sake that trump loses this election…

Where does the place him on the one term ousted list.

Criteria. Must have won election and then came back and lost their re election bid in the past 100 years.

There are 4

Hoover 1928
Carter 1980
George Hw Bush 1992
Trump 2020.

Best to worst.

Allan

I will begin

1. Bush-the best
  2. Carter
  3. Hoover
  4. Trump-the worst.

Allan

1 Like

Bush
Carter
Hoover
Trump

Hah. Same time.

My list would be the same as Adam and biggestal.

Interesting that I’ve lived through 3 of those 4.

I agree.

We are still living with the damage caused by Ross Perot and a piddling little recession.

Bush was the perfect choice to be President during the era of the immediate end of the Cold War.

Clinton ■■■■■■ that end up royally.

Nah Hoover got a raw deal from historians. Mine goes

Hoover
Bush
Carter
Trump

But Trump earns last place for decorum, not policy. Carter got a bit of a raw deal to for doing what was needed in shrinking the money supply via Volker.

Yes Hoover was in the wrong role at the wrong time.

His leadership and advocacy in the fight against hunger following the end of WW I was legendary.

If he had never become President, he’d be considered a world treasure.

2 Likes

Here is my list.

Bush
Hoover
Carter
Trump

1 Like

Man Trump is getting hammered in this thread. I debated moving Hoover up by the way.

Bush had the bad luck of the economy going south.

Carter could not president himself out of a paper bag

Hoover yikes the depression

And trump bringing up the rear.

Allan

1 Like

Trump
H.W. Bush

Don’t care about the other two, I wasn’t there.

Trump brought on an unprecedented amount of peace in this world, and the economy is awesome 4 years into his inaugural term, something I haven’t seen since I started voting.

Bush reminded the world in a much needed way that we’re not to be trifled with on the open battlefield, and the smack down was legendary.

Both are awesome in my book.

The economy is awesome? Huh. Unprecedented amounts of peace? Huh. Also, I find it odd not caring about history since you weren’t there.

What does this hate to do with ranking the presidents?

Allan

Hoover didn’t cause the depression.

The lack of federal intervention during his term exacerbated the depression very much during his term.

Allan

Trump probably did a number of great things. However, those are obscure by his antics and nastiness. That’s my disappointment with him. No one roots for a jerk. That’s just human nature.

It’s hard to see if he is means what he says when he make silly joke or degrading comment all the time. If that was your boss, you’ll quit or hate his guts. I do like a strong leader but this is too far.

2 Likes

Bush
Carter
Hoover
Trump