"One nation under god and one religion under god"...Michael Flynn

I vote Pastafarian!

i agree

i doubt he thinks there should only be one religion in America

2 Likes

Then why did he say there should only be one religion?

Could have been a side smack at the politicians that treat the D party as a deity.

I would assume because most religions teach their way is the only way into heaven.

Ahh …the Ol’ Trumpian " you can’t take him literally" play.

Take him literally, so what? He wishes everyone were in his religion, he’s free to wish all he likes.

2 Likes

my guess is that it was just simply poorly worded.

if you listen to it, which i’m sure you have instead of just gulping down newsweek narratives, he wasn’t very eloquent

Oh.

Has he clarified?

that’s it. i’m not going to vote for hunter

i mean michael flynn

1 Like

Agreed, insofar as denomination, but I have no doubt he wants America to be a Christian nation. And I suspect that is what me meant.

not that i know of.

do you expect him to?

maybe

so do i.

ahh. the ol “everything relates back to trump” play

grr

No! Reform Pastafarian!

1 Like

Flynn went too far with that statement. Even if he didn’t mean it literally, it’s a statement too far with respect to this nation’s Constitution.

4 Likes

Flynn has found a niche for himself. Hope he is happy there.

3 Likes

Getting an inordinate amount of attention for saying vague visions of panacea.

Social media is the best thing since the wheel.

3 Likes

I am going to guess that this gathering was primarily attended by evangelical Christians. And anyone familiar with evangelicals knows the biblical teaching of the great commission and the church as the body of believers, not as an earthly denomination or creed. I am going to guess that the source of the uproar is that he was once, but is no longer, a government official. The followers of Islam hold the same view, just with Islam as the one true religion which should be over the land.

Sounds like a free will and first amendment situation. He is free say what he wants to say, to believe what he wants to believe and everyone else is free to their opinion of it.

There is a schism within the Pastafarians? Nice.

Lemme guess: it’s between the stuffed pasta folks (Raviolians) and the doctrinaire noodle people (Spaghetti Fundamentalists)? Meanwhile, the Order of St. Garfield (lasagna people) look on in bemusement. But not on Mondays.

3 Likes