One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

I disagree.

Well…he did put a woman through a great deal of physical and emotional turmoil by allowing Texas to quarantine her and subject her to in needed tests simply because she wanted an abortion. So I’m not sure how good of a man he is.

You’re stretching. You have no evidence of this, yet you assert it as if it is true.

I humbly disagree that I asserted it as if it were factual. I posited a possible and understandable scenario. None of us know what was said. We know something was though, and the reaction to what was said had Kavanaugh turn around and walk off, rather than shake the extended hand.

We do know it is true that the father firmly opposes Kavanaugh’s confirmation. He posted on Twitter prior to the hearings his disdain for him.

So what do you think occurred here?

I watched the video several times in slow motion. The expressions from Kavenaugh ranged from surprised (as he turned around) to processing what was said and then to annoyance. By all I have read and heard about Kavenaugh he seems to be very good man. I can only imagine what was said to him was inappropriate.

That is pretty much where I am here as well. Obviously knowing exactly what was said would make all of this easier to analyze. But like you mentioned, I have little reason to believe he is anything other than a proper gentleman. Regardless of what one may think of his political views or judicial beliefs.

:rofl: No he’s not. She works for Ken Paxton. And she’s half Mexican and half Jewish.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/commentary-is-it-time-for-term-limits-on-the-supreme-court/

Maybe it’s time.

Agreed. :wink:

I will be at Kavanaugh hearings and I hope to play a role in ensuring that this man does not become the next Supreme Court Justice.

Exactly. This is part of what leads me to my assumption over what could have been said to have caused Kavanaugh to look perturbed at the comment and promptly turn around and walk away.

That was a tweet.

Anybody worth their salt in the security business would see Guttenburg as a potential threat. I’m surprised they let him get that close.

As for the “introduction”, Kavanaugh might not been able to even see him when he was introduced and even if he could, why would he remember one guy after seeing so many. And then the concern for his own children.

The left screwed this up bad. Feinstein has lost her mind. Booker is an idiot.

The republicans should shut this down and just confirm him. Today.

The left keeps screwing around and they’re going to regret it. I’d love to see Kethledge on the bench.

The confirmation process is what the Senate says it is and the majority says what the Senate says it is.

3 Likes

Is politico an acceptable source?

Schumer should be censured.

Honesty from Nebraska

2 Likes

Something is coming out now. Leahy is saying he’s caught Kavanaugh lying under oath.

And now Cory Brooker is releasing a censored report at risk of being expulsed from the Senate, something to do with affirmative action.

Sure its time now that there is the possibility that there might be a conservative majority on the court. If Hillary had put two leftists on the court, you can be sure it would not have been time.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: you should have done more research.

Not watchin the livestream atm, what’s up?

Leahy screwed that up yesterday. The email chain doesn’t say what he claims.