Omarosa Releases Another Tape

Recordings, eh?

I’m sure conservatives will echo the logic the gleefully deployed as the Clinton emails strstegicly oozed our during the campaign.

Omarosa was just doing the work that the press failed to do. It’s good for this to get to the public even if the means was less than legal.

3 Likes

Clown Show Season 2 epi 2.

:point_up_2:

GOP 2018
(with Trump and Omarosa of course)

1 Like

That’s exactly what Donald Trump will do.

I would imagine there are also laws against making clandestine rcordings in secure locations as well.

I have seen it reported that this violates federal statutes. Intuitively it appears to be on shaky ground…

It’s astounding how easy it is for people to run around freely in this WH. If this was any other administration, trump supporters would be losing their minds and screaming for investigations.

2 Likes

I don’t suppose those reports you saw happened to cite the federal statutes this violates…

They should lock her up for being stupid enough to work for Trump.

1 Like

I love this tweet from Trump this morning:

Kelly came on board he told me she was a loser & nothing but problems. I told him to try working it out, if possible, because she only said GREAT things about me - until she got fired!

I mean, does he not realize how ridiculous this sounds. He didn’t tell Kelly to try and work it out because Omarosa was a hard worker, or brought value, or anything like that. He told Kelly to try and work it out because she was a sycophant.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1029002242932834310

From https://mobile.twitter.com/NormEisen/status/1028769105250332677?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1028769105250332677&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitchy.com%2Fgregp-3534%2F2018%2F08%2F12%2Flock-her-up-part-ii-did-omarosa-break-federal-law-when-she-recorded-john-kelly-in-the-situation-room%2F

Omarosa tapes are property of the US under 42 USC 2202, & there are criminal penalties for “whoever…steals, purloins, or knowingly converts to his use any record…or thing of value of the US…” 18 USC 641. Prosecution unlikely —but I’d still be resting uneasily if I were her.

On my phone so haven’t read the statute yet

1 Like

Yeah, that was umm, special lol

The dude is an open book. All he cares about is people that worship him and money.

Ironically, Christianity tells us to try to heal those people.

1 Like

I am not interested enough to follow this so closely, but when you are dealing with federal officials…Secret tapes are not the same legal game.

She will get lawyer smacked…hard.

No, this person is trying to make the argument that this is a “Presidential Record”. It’s a dumb argument as this would most certainly be “personal records”:

(2) The term “Presidential records” means documentary materials, or any reasonably seg­regable portion thereof, created or received by the President, the President’s immediate staff, or a unit or individual of the Executive Office of the President whose function is to advise or assist the President, in the course of conducting activities which relate to or have an effect upon the carrying out of the constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President. Such term—

• (A) includes any documentary materials relating to the political activities of the President or members of the President’s staff, but only if such activities relate to or have a direct effect upon the carrying out of constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President; but
  • (B) does not include any documentary materials that are (i) official records of an agency (as defined in section 552(e) [1] of title 5, United States Code); (ii) personal records; (iii) stocks of publications and stationery; or (iv) extra copies of documents produced only for convenience of reference, when such copies are clearly so identified.

(3) The term “personal records” means all documentary materials, or any reasonably segregable portion therof,[2] of a purely private or nonpublic character which do not relate to or have an effect upon the carrying out of the constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President. Such term includes—

• (A) diaries, journals, or other personal notes serving as the functional equivalent of a diary or journal which are not prepared or utilized for, or circulated or communicated in the course of, transacting Government business;
  • (B) materials relating to private political associations, and having no relation to or direct effect upon the carrying out of constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President; and
  • (C) materials relating exclusively to the President’s own election to the office of the Presidency; and materials directly relating to the election of a particular individual or individuals to Federal, State, or local office, which have no relation to or direct effect upon the carrying out of constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President.

I’m dying laughing that Trump is so incompetent and unaware of what’s going on in his WH he didn’t know she was even fired.

Bawahahahahahaha!!!

Yet Evangelicals have abandoned all pretenses of beliefs and embraced Trump over God. Sad!

I think you meant “him” instead of “her”. :wink:

1 Like

We can only hope there will be a tape of her being bent over a car and zip tied by the Secret Service

I can assure you that this is not on solid legal ground when you are recording federal officials acting on personnel matters and then proactively publishing through the media.