OMAR GOES OFF: Omar RIPS Pelosi Over Pro-Israel Speech, Says Comments ‘Beneath Any Leader’

Originally published at: OMAR GOES OFF: Omar RIPS Pelosi Over Pro-Israel Speech, Says Comments ‘Beneath Any Leader’ | Sean Hannity

Rep. Ilhan Omar slammed Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi this week after the top Democrat delivered a pro-Israel speech to the annual AIPAC conference; calling her comments “beneath any leader.”

“A condemnation for people that want to exercise their First Amendment rights is beneath any leader, and I hope that we find a better use of language when we are trying to speak as members of Congress that are sworn to protect the Constitution,” Omar told reporters Tuesday after Pelosi’s address.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi blasts anti-Semitic Rep. Ilhan Omar at AIPAC:

“I simply declare to be anti-Semitic is to be anti-American. It has no place in our country.”

“We must also vigilant against bigoted or dangerous ideologies masquerading as policy and that includes BDS” pic.twitter.com/w0wTBRAmGN

— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) March 27, 2019

“I simply declare to be anti-Semitic is to be anti-American. It has no place in our country,” said the Speaker. “We must also vigilant against bigoted or dangerous ideologies masquerading as policy and that includes BDS.”

BDS -or Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions- is a global campaign to boycott Israeli businesses and institutions in support of Palestinian independence.

Read the full report at The Hill.