OMAR ERUPTS AGAIN: Omar Slams 'Occupation' of Palestine, Says She Won’t ‘Pledge Support’ to Israel

Originally published at: OMAR ERUPTS AGAIN: Omar Slams ‘Occupation’ of Palestine, Says She Won’t ‘Pledge Support’ to Israel | Sean Hannity

Embattled Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar raised eyebrows -yet again- across the country over the weekend; posting a series of tweets where she refused to “pledge her support” to Israel and blasted the “occupation” of Palestine.

“I am told everyday that I am anti-American if I am not pro-Israel. I find that to be problematic and I am not alone. I just happen to be willing to speak up on it and open myself to attacks,” she posted on social media.

“I should not be expected to have allegiance/pledge support to a foreign country in order to serve my country in Congress or serve on committee. The people of the 5th elected me to serve their interest. I am sure we agree on that!” she added.

Being opposed to Netanyahu and the occupation is not the same as being anti-Semitic. I am grateful to the many Jewish allies who have spoken out and said the same.

— Ilhan Omar (@IlhanMN) March 3, 2019

I am told everyday that I am anti-American if I am not pro-Israel. I find that to be problematic and I am not alone. I just happen to be willing to speak up on it and open myself to attacks.

Our democracy is built on debate, Congresswoman! I should not be expected to have allegiance/pledge support to a foreign country in order to serve my country in Congress or serve on committee. The people of the 5th elected me to serve their interest. I am sure we agree on that! https://t.co/gglAS4FVJW

New York State Assemblyman Dov Hikind slammed Omar’s anti-Israeli rhetoric Sunday; saying “On this week’s episode, she’ll talk about Jewish power, money and dual loyalty!”