Ollie North's response to latest school mass murders

“The disease in this case isn’t the Second Amendment. The disease is youngsters who are steeped in a culture of violence,” North said on “Fox News Sunday."

North then seemingly blamed the prescription drug Ritalin, which is used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, for making kids — particularly male students — violent.

“They’ve been drugged in many cases. Nearly all of these perpetrators are male.”

And they’ve come through a country where violence is commonplace,” North said."

I bolded those two parts and I agree with him on that point. Gun violence is commonplace in our country. It’s not just drugged kids that are killing people at school. It’s husbands gunning down wives. It’s people gunning down their neighbors. It’s people killing each other at high school graduation parties. It’s police gunning down suspects. It’s people blowing their own brains out.

It’s who we are and it happens all over our country.

There are different ways to slice it. In the last year, just in Texas, we’ve had:

• Spencer Hight
  • Devin Kelley
  • Dimitri Pagourtzis
    Each example combines dominance over/possessiveness of women, and guys using guns to make themselves feel powerful.
1 Like

I was thinking about that, in part, because of the bonkers Jordan Peterson “enforced monogamy” stuff.

He’s right. Young men are being told they’re broken and prescribed psychotropic drugs when they’re just being boys. Drugs have become the replacement for the tv/babysitter.

Get hooked on fishing, not on drugs.

Interesting. What are your thoughts on the possessiveness of women?

Didn’t North disgrace himself enough in the 80s? I guess he is now wallowing in his disgrace.

I enjoyed the hell out of it. Have to watch it closely for the Brad Pitt scene though. And it’s worth staying to the last credit rolling by too.

You are abot 30x more likely to die as a result of a medical mistake than you are to be killed with a firearm.

You are more than 3 times as likely to be beaten to death than shot with a rifle of any kind.

Death by firearm doesn’t even make the top 10 causes of death even if we include suicides.

If you had an honest argument to make you wouldn’t have to resort to histrionic misrepresentations of “fact”.