Oklahoma passes almost total abortion ban

in a late night vote with no notice the oklahoma legislature passed an almost complete abortion ban,making it a felony to perform an abortion unless the mothers life is in danger. no exception for rape or incest

its time for legislators in these states to pay a personal price for passing these laws. they should be held financially responsible . sue them for millions. and if a court tries to block the lawsuits then the women should be allowed to take matters into their own hands and punish the lawmakers directly.

They have legislative immunity.

Or….progressives could start a fund to enable pregnant people to travel to the progressive state of California to get their free abortions.

1 Like

that needs to be removed when the legislator removes rights. make then pay. and if the courts wont allow it then the affected people need to take matters into their own hands.

The bill

I oppose the law, but that’s a really bad idea man.

Really bad idea.

1 Like

Held financially responsible for what?

And what are you calling for here?

Moonshine is our resident Robespierre.

This isn’t out of the ordinary for him.

1 Like

There used to be a time when the majority of people agreed that if a woman gets pregnant from rape that it is cruel to force her to carry that baby to term.

Man… when did that change?

3 Likes

Got to say that as much as abortion unnerves me, I agree with this.

I’ve always supported an exemption for rape and incest.

In that specific situation, there was no choice made. The woman was violently assaulted. Pregnancy was the result. She should not be forced to relive the trauma again.

There should always be an exemption for rape. I know that makes me a hypocrite as I lean heavily pro-life, but that is a reasonable compromise in my opinion.

4 Likes

I’m with you on this. When I put my philosophical hat on I do view abortion as wrong, but practically speaking history has already shown us that women will just seek out back alley abortions.

2 Likes

This is what got it shut down, and moonshine a long break, in case anyone got to wondering.

If anyone would like to start a thread regarding this Oklahoma law, feel free.

4 Likes