Ok, NOW it’s time for Northam to step down

I grew up in the Norfolk Area.

There was a lot of casual racism… still is.

Heck in the 80’s we would get off of school for Lee-Jackson-King Day. Go figure that one out.

Northam should step down. He was a stupid kid in a place where casual racism was acceptable, but this isn’t something that should come out from oppo research.

This is something that he should have put out there at the beginning, or near the beginning of his political career and say that he is regretful of his actions before he knew any better.

That is how politicians are going to have to handle this sort of thing from now on.

1 Like

Really? That’s your true belief?

If I thought babies were being murdered I would be putting my life in the way Tiananmen Square style. I always wonder how people live with the shame of doing next to nothing while these “murders” are happening.

1 Like

If they truly believed it was murder they would demand that all women who get abortions be convicted of Murder 1 and sent to Death Row. (They don’t.)

1 Like

How did he past the campaign without this coming out?

In the words of Dr. Michael Eric Dyson, “racism is bi partisan”.
I’ve always agreed with that. Do better people!

1 Like

Abortion - “ProChoice” - has become so sacrosanct in liberal ideology that anything defined as such would never cause them any feelings of concern or outrage. But such is the unfortunate result of the current two party system that rational people can not agree on something being morally repugnant.

True. This was not acceptable in 1984. And it was a huge mistake. But he was still basically a school boy. I do not like the fact that we are fine with going back three or four decades to find things. Does anybody think he is the same man now that he was then? I believe in redemption. And unless he is a bigot right now, and thee is zero evidence that he is, we should let it go. Robert Byrd was a grand dragon of the klan. He was totally forgiven. Why the sudden change?

Do you support the decision to end life for someone who is grossly compromised and will die without extreme measures?

School boy? He would have been 28/29

The vast majority of late term abortions are for women who want to keep the baby.

There is nothing morally repugnant about a medical procedure that is necessary.

There is nothing morally repugnant giving palliative care to a baby that is severely deformed and cannot live without life support.

People have lost their damn minds casting judgement on the decisions that people in tragic circumstances are forced to make.

They get the benefit of being able to feel good about themselves… let’s call it virtue signaling, but without the unpleasantness of of having to deal with the tragedy themselves.

It is ghoulish.

3 Likes

My nephew is in the same medical school.

He isn’t a school boy.

1 Like

Nobody is questioning the ability to seek redemption after revelations of some very poor choices in one’s past. They just don’t need to do so as an elected leader who should be representing the very best of who we have to offer. Someone who would appear in a picture like that and hide it’s existence throughout a political career does not demonstrate those qualities.

Really? That changes things in my mind a little. That’s not good. Has he explained why the picture was made in the first place?

He should have done that 10 years ago.

1 Like

Fair enough. And kudos to you libs for your consistency in this matter.

1. Medical technology has advanced to the the point where such information will be known long before a woman gets to the later stages of a pregnancy.
  2. Is the legislation worded the way you describe? Or is it is much more liberal?

It’s not a left/right thing

It’s a human thing.

3 Likes

Northam was born in 59, so he would have been like 25 when this picture was put in the yearbook.

It boggles the mind how this didn’t come out sooner. The guy has been involved in politics for more than a decade now.

1 Like

That first part isn’t always true.

■■■■ happens and people have to deal with it the best they can.

There is also a subset of women who keep going with a doomed pregnancy because they are holding out hope.

The vast vast vast majority of late term abortions are for women who want to keep the baby

People need to stop characterizing them as monsters.

I live in Virginia and think Northam should resign.

His past photos are inexcusable and in the best interest of Virginia, he needs to step down. Tomorrow.

1 Like