OK I would be in love

I’m sure white people get similar treatment. But not because they are white.

Transform that white woman into a young black male, and I’m sure his day goes swimmingly.

What you’re saying is that you didn’t know that you shouldn’t walk into a place of business, take a table, not buy or intend to buy anything and in your mind…that’s fine. You don’t see anything wrong with that? My friend, you don’t need to see an article to know that’s wrong.

Why were they there?

I’m not saying that at all. I’m just asking for a source. If we’re talking strictly hypotheticals, then yes, decorum suggests you should purchase something in order to utilize other services, like tables/wifi. Do I think in this specific case the cops should have been called, naw. Do I think they were called because the individuals were black, yes.

To meet an acquaintance.

Here…I found the two gentlemen on YouTube and I’ll let them tell you themselves. Normal YouTube warnings. As a synopsis, he immediately goes to the cashier for a key to use the bathroom and she explains that you have to be a buying customer. He then joins his friend at a table. Do you think if it requires a purchase to use the bathroom, that you’re expected to buy something to use the table? Does this sound unreasonable? I’d say the gentlemen showed no respect what so ever, how about you? Here they are in their own words. Enjoy Men arrested at Starbucks speak out - YouTube

1 Like

Thank you for providing that clip, I hadn’t seen that interview. To answer your question, no, it’s not unreasonable to expect someone to purchase something to use your services. Do I think that in this specific situation the reaction from the Starbucks employees was reasonable, no. Do I think these gentlemen “showed no respect”? No. Do I think they just wanted to sit at a table and wait for their acquaintance (which is a perfectly normal thing to do in a Starbucks)? Yes. Should the cops have been called? No.

I’d expect the police to be called on me if…I went to the cashier and she explained the rules of purchase, I then went and sat down at a table, she came and attempted to wait on me…very politely…and I again refuse. It’s also reasonable that she told them what she felt forced to do. The officers came in and repeated the rules, several times, asked them to leave several times and each time they refused…so that they were arrested for trespassing. It sounds very reasonable as to how I believe I’d be treated if I did the exact same thing. The thing is…neither you or I would have done that and that’s the real problem here. It isn’t racism, it’s an ass being an ass…regardless of race.

You’re welcome.

As a white man, I’d be shocked if the police were called on me for sitting in a Starbucks waiting for friend. Nothing I’ve seen out there suggests these two men were being “asses”.

That’s the “uppity” card.

She wears it well and man, it takes some guts to do that at Kent State!

The NRA is probably already trying to hire her. HA!

If I were loitering, had already been asked to leave and refused (trespassing) in a starbucks or anywhere else I’d expect to be arrested no matter what the race of anyone involved is.

Show how racial bias propted any of those calls.

Trolling while race baiting certainly isn’t.

As a man, I judge people by the content of their character and not the color of their skin and they were being asses.

That’s an indictment of the agents of the state and hoplophobes, not the 2nd Amendment or those beautiful, strong women.

Such attitudes threaten the liberal narrative that racism is rampant. Their response is ingenious, deceptive, and divisive.

Yes, those of us who carry are often refused access, forget about service.