Of course it's Texas

My question is why was he even allowed to vote. I would think that the voter rolls would not include his name until he was eligible to vote.

1 Like

By any chance did the parolee appear before the same judge that gave him his original sentence? (Some) judges don’t like seeing people disregard the sentencing guidelines the judge signs off on.

The government doesn’t work that way.

It’s the same reason why the IRS makes you calculate your own taxes - but sends you to jail if you do it wrong.

4 Likes

Yeah, for some reason they don’t want to hold an adult’s hand through any process, even though they’ve complicated every process to the point where it’s impossible to know all the rules.

Well, it’s not impossible. it just takes years of study.

Hence the existence of CPAs and lawyers.

Since the “original sentence” was imposed 27 years ago, it is statistically unlikely.

1 Like

Meh, parole violator.
Not violating the law is part of the deal.

1 Like

Parole is only for the remaining time on a sentence. There are parolees with lifetime sentences.

1 Like

Hence the sub-specializations in both.

Oh, absolutely. Of course.

1 Like

I like it when we agree.

I don’t care much for this outcome.

This is excessive. Accountability and charges, absolutely, but I’d prefer to save the extravagant bail and 25-year sentences for violent offenders.

2 Likes

I find it sheer stupidity for anyone in this country to stand in line for 7 hours (or even one hour) to vote.

And then this guy wanted to make his martyrdom into a look-at-me moment. When someone did look at him, he got caught with his pants down.

Frankly, I think the media had a huge hand in doing this to him. In their effort to fabricate news, the poster child they selected ended up getting burned.

1 Like

Agreed. I’m not sure I agree with charges.

Do you think it’s stupid to for him to wait - or is it stupid that he had to wait that long?

Ok, you answered my question. As you were.

I wouldn’t assume he had to wait that long.

Sounds performative to me.

2 Likes

And so now it is being reported that even though Rogers lives and voted in Harris County the case has been filed in Montgomery County. And of all the county’s that surround Harris County, Montgomery Country has the highest white per capita population. And this is being done by Ken Paxton who is under multiple investigations where some of the outcomes could have him dis-barred.

This case is a political football for the right and the left. Very ugly.

I don’t think it’s a “both sides” thing.

One side brought the charges.

1 Like