Ocasio-Cortez rips GOP over Steve King's white supremacy comments

Very possible. But this was about censure, not credibility. It would be difficult to censure someone because of how you think they think.

Sometimes one’s thoughts are reflected in the words they utter, often repeatedly.

I think this is the case with Republican Darling Steve King.

here are a few of my favorites about King…

"King keeps a small version of the Confederate flag on his desk. (Never mind that Iowa was a Union state during the Civil War.) In 2008 King said that if Barack Hussein Obama won the presidency, “The radical Islamists, the al Qaeda … would be dancing in the streets in greater numbers than they did on Sept. 11 because they would declare victory in this war on terror.” He later explained that they would supposedly do so because of Obama’s middle name.

In 2016 King filed an amendment to block efforts to place the image of abolitionist luminary Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill: He criticized “liberal activism on the part of the president that’s trying to identify people by categories, and he’s divided us on the lines of groups.” And in a 2017 interview, speaking about upcoming demographic changes whereby nonwhite Americans would surpass white Americans in population, he said, “I will predict that Hispanics and the blacks will be fighting each other before that happens.” (During that same interview, he recommended right-wight strategist Steve Bannon’s favorite and extremely racist book, The Camp of the Saints.)"

Too damn funny!

https://twitter.com/jordanuhl/status/1084556434375876610?s=21

I saw that interview today.

Pretty sure that beard is a nice combination of vinegar and water.

1 Like

We know exactly how he thinks. He has a long paper trail of being an overt racist. Why are you defending him?

I don’t understand why it’s so hard for some people to condemn and stop defending a racist.

Party over principle. Simple as that.

Politicians are also afraid to speak directly. I’d like to think Cruz would say something, but given his flip-flop record on Trump, I wouldn’t be sure.

You keep ignoring what I clearly posted: I’m not interested in what King recently said, I’m interested in your dogged defense here of Steve King. Why are you defending him? Is he just another misunderstood jackass to you, like Trump, who you defend tirelessly at every turn?

Are you actually putting forth the idea that King’s recent “recant” is some sort of genuine change of views in his outlook, given all his statements to the contrary over the recent past? Inquiring minds, etc…

The official and accurate name is the Democratic party.

Please try to be more accurate.