OCASIO-CORTEZ: ‘I Will Not Apologize’ for Comparing Immigration Centers with ‘Concentration Camps’

Originally published at: OCASIO-CORTEZ: ‘I Will Not Apologize’ for Comparing Immigration Centers with ‘Concentration Camps’ | Sean Hannity

Embattled Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez flat-out refused to apologize for her recent remarks regarding the President’s immigration policy Friday; doubling-down on her stunning comparison between detention centers and ‘Concentration Camps.’

“As long as the @GOPLeader supports jailing children and families on the border, I will continue to hold him to account for it. That’s why I’m calling on Rep. McCarthy to apologize for aiding and supporting the separation of children from their parents,” posted Ocasio-Cortez on social media.

As long as the @GOPLeader supports jailing children and families on the border, I will continue to hold him to account for it.

That’s why I’m calling on Rep. McCarthy to apologize for aiding and supporting the separation of children from their parents.pic.twitter.com/ogHXY7pD3p

— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) June 21, 2019

Yad Vashem, the official Israel Holocaust Center in Jerusalem responded this week to Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’ recent comments; urging the far-left lawmaker to “learn” about concentration camps.

@AOC Concentration camps assured a slave labor supply to help in the Nazi war effort, even as the brutality of life inside the camps helped assure the ultimate goal of ‘extermination through labor.’ Learn about concentration camps,” posted Yad Vashem.

.@AOC Concentration camps assured a slave labor supply to help in the Nazi war effort, even as the brutality of life inside the camps helped assure the ultimate goal of "extermination through labor."

Learn about concentration camps https://t.co/oBPQsjf6FC#Holocaust #History pic.twitter.com/nmc9As2nlO

— Yad Vashem (@yadvashem) June 19, 2019

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez refused to back-away from her outrageous comments regarding American ‘Concentration Camps’ along the US-Mexico border Wednesday; saying the United States has a “shameful history.”

“The US ran concentration camps before, when we rounded up Japanese people during WWII. It is such a shameful history that we largely ignore it. These camps occur throughout history. Many refuse to learn from that shame, but here we are today. We have an obligation to end them,” posted AOC on Twitter.

“Not one dime should go to DHS for building these camps as they detain children & families. Congressional appropriations season is now. That means it’s money time – we‘re voting to fund federal government programs. We should not fund the caging of kids & families. Pretty simple,” she added.

Not one dime should go to DHS for building these camps as they detain children & families.

Congressional appropriations season is now. That means it’s 💰 time – we‘re voting to fund federal government programs.

We should not fund the caging of kids & families. Pretty simple.

— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) June 19, 2019

The official Twitter account of the Auschwitz Memorial weighed-in on the subject Tuesday; posting “Please consider following @AuschwitzMuseum where everyday we commemorate and educate about the tragic human history of #Auschwitz.”

@KFILE Please consider following @AuschwitzMuseum where everyday we commemorate and educate about the tragic human history of #Auschwitz.

— Auschwitz Memorial (@AuschwitzMuseum) June 18, 2019

Ocasio-Cortez made her vicious accusation during a live stream on Instagram Monday night.

“The United States is running concentration camps on our southern border. That’s exactly what they are. They are concentration camps. If that doesn’t bother you… I like, whatever, I want to talk to the people that are concerned with humanity that ‘Never Again’ means something,” said the left-wing lawmaker.

“The fact that concentration camps are now an institutionalized practice in the home of the free is extraordinarily disturbing,” she added.