Ocasio-Cortez hits back at Republicans

You realize that New York City has 8.6 million people living in it… right?

That the greater metro area is over 20 million people

You think that adding 25,000 more people will make that much of a dent ?

It’s not that they can’t be absorbed, but why would Amazon bother to import into a city with 8 million people?

That is the rub now isn’t it.

Because you probably don’t know what is going on in NYC politics that leaves one baffled as to why there are those who may be sour on the Amazon deal I will lay some local issues out for you that don’t come across in the National media.

1. the infrastructure of the city is for real falling apart. Sandy did a lot of damage to the subways and that is still getting fixed. To be honest they may never have the system updated and play a continual game of catch up as they try to fix an overburdened and aged system.

2. The neighborhood that Amazon is moving into has experienced rapid construction over the past decade. It has rapidly gentrified from a lower middle class neighborhood of three story apartments to large glass towers that the former inhabitants can no longer afford. Now one might say that no one has a right to live anywhere that they choose and I would agree but that leads to a real sticky wicket which is …

3. the HQ will be a stone’s throw… just on the other side of the dividing line that is the Queensboro Bridge from the largest public housing project in the Northern Hemisphere. Who has already seen a ton of neighborhood price pressure from the rapid growth right next door.

And to bring it back to Ocasio-Cortez’s constituents…

1. there will be rent hikes in nearby sattilite neighborhoods like Astoria which is historically blue collar. Remember Archie Bunker? That is Astoria.

The problems with NYC housing has been that there has been a ton of foreign capital pouring in since the 2008 crash building a lot of condos that may or may not be inhabited and are built without any regard for the impact that it may have on quality of life on the rest of the neighborhood… I.e. schools, parking, sewage etc.

Then add to all of those problems that I spelled out there and see that the State and the City may spend up to a billion to bring in one of the richest companies in the world while not addressing the day to day problems that make the city function… well… I hope that after that it becomes a little more clear why this issue isn’t black and white.

3 Likes

1 Like

No. She’s more of a Bozo the Clown than a villain.

She still spooks the lot of ya.

What other new congress person do they talk about as much? None.

Watch who Foxnews attacks. That’s who scares them. She terrifies them.

Her teaming up with Pelosi is just one giant snowflake trigger warning.

Gonna be a fun 2019.

Stupidity stands out.

Spooks? No, I don’t think so. She’s a laughing stock like Waters.

1 Like

Doesn’t it though?

I’m sure someone on the Democrat aisle will work with her on learning how to shut up before too long.

Something’s Up With Pelosi and Ocasio-Cortez

Ocasio-Cortez recently announced her support for Nancy Pelosi as House Speaker.
Immediately previous to that Pelosi was heard promising Cortez “We’ll own a ranch together and you’ll get to tend the rabbits”.
Cortez answered “Really Nancy? Tell me again. Tell me again, Nancy”

The problem with this is Ocasio-Cortez can easily be manipulated by her unscrupulous colleagues.

Did Fox seek out some obscure liberal backbencer?

Or did she put herself in the spotlight?

It does and thank you very much for the explanation. Sounds a lot like Caracas. :wink:

I don’t watch Fox News. I watch Lester Holt.

oh boy so that’s your justification for someone just elected to the house?

they need to be held to a higher standard

How very ironic coming from a Trump supporter. Suggesting elected officials need to be held to a higher standard. :rofl:

From what I’ve seen, yes, Fox is definitely seeking her out to try and ridicule her and delegitimize her because Republicans and their information apparatus are terrified that her ideas will prove to prove to be popular. There’s no other reason for a freshman backbencher from a relatively unremarkable district to get so much attention.

She wouldn’t if she’d act like a backbencher instead of the savior.

You must be joking!

Seeking her out?

She won’t shut the ■■■■ up!