Ocasio-Cortez: 'Frustrating' that lawmakers oppose Medicare

Why does the government pay the salary of Congressmen but not pay the same salary to people who do not work for the government?
Because it is part of their remuneration for performing their jobs and not owed to people who do not work for the government.

What are you on about? We are talking about government sponsored health plans for citizens. We arent talking about Walmart or the private sector. lol

Do you know how health insurance became a subsidized benefit?

Congressmen get paid salaries for their work just like the people who work at Walmart get paid salaries for their work.
Congressmen also get paid paid subsidies for their healthcare premiums for the work they perform, just like many people who work in the private sector have their employers pay part of their healthcare premiums.
IN each case, they are being paid for the work they do, either by salary or by subsidy to their health care premiums.
Its really not that hard.
Or at least I didn’t think it would be.

The government has programs that provide economic support to citizens that dont work for them. This has been reality for 100+ years. I have no idea what you are on about. Oh and by the way our representatives work for the us, the tax payers and the people who vote.

Do you know how health insurance became a subsidized benefit?

I see she’s now “on-boarding” to congress instead of being inaugurated.

I believe you.

You pay into social security yet you dont work for the government lol OMG

Yes I do.

Despite being young and making a lot of freshman mistakes, she is good overall. She is very good.

3 Likes

Hey guys theres medicare and Medicaid recipients and they dont even work for the government!

I’m beginning to suspect that a great number of people underestimated this young lady.

1 Like

Or maybe she really is smarter than you think she is.

Onboard can also be a verb, where it is HR-speak for hiring and training new employees . It is usually conjugated as the present participle onboarding in phrases like the onboarding process .

For example,

• The company-wide transition to an online application tool will significantly streamline the onboarding process.
  • The new onboarding process replaces meaningful, one-on-one mentoring by experienced coworkers with an extensive library of outdated, poorly produced training videos.

Onboarding or On boarding? If you are part of a team that gets new employees acquainted with their roles in the company, the term you are looking for is onboarding . In this sense, onboard can be a noun or a verb.

Is onboard hyphenated? Occasionally, you might see the one-word onboard spelled as a hyphenated compound: on-board . In fact, some spellchecks flag onboard as an error in favor of on-board .

Depending on your company’s style guide, you may or may not be required to use the on-board over onboard. The general trend, however, appears to be favoring the closed compound.

Guess what ALL THE NEWLY ELECTED FRESHMEN MEMBERS OF CONGRESS are doing in this time between the last few weeks and the day they will get inaugurated aka sworn in?

They are going through training and orientation…aka “on-boarding” to Congress.

:laughing:

2 Likes

It’s insane that this has to be explained to some people.

1 Like

The midterms clearly show you dont have a clue about what’s going on…if you did you would know the left hasnt moved that left at all.

1 Like

What?
eieio

I’m having trouble with the part where you think my job history is relevant to the subject of this thread.

All that windbaggery for nothing. I was poking fun at the idiot for previously calling her swearing in her inauguration. I have never heard the term inauguration used for a congressman and you haven’t either.

Are there any left?

The freedom caucus Is a non factor beginning in January.

Allan