Ocasio-Cortez Blast Republican using their own words

Cortez is dropping hot fire on twitter today when she called out Republican using their own word during the impeachment of Bill Clinton and how they view the action of the current President.

Rep.-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) blasted Sen. Lindsey Graham (D-S.C.) on Twitter on Friday for seemingly reversing his stance on the standards necessary to impeach a president.

Ocasio-Cortez tweeted a Daily Beast story quoting Graham saying that he is fine with President Trump “lying about sex," writing, “Didn’t he impeach Bill Clinton over the same thing?”

During 1999 impeachment proceedings for former President Bill Clinton, Graham said, “You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic. If this body determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role.”

Someone pick up the mic on the house floor because she just dropped it.

Cue a bunch of white dudes calling her stupid because… reasons?

You mean for No tknowing that Clinton was impeached for lying under oath about sex, compared to Trump who wasn’t and hasn’t been under oath about any sexual escapades. So she was doing an apples to oranges comparison.

You mean like that?

2 Likes

Your reply doesn’t address Graham’s comment about the justification for impeaching (and his vote to convict) Bill Clinton at the time:

"During 1999 impeachment proceedings for former President Bill Clinton, Graham said, “You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic. If this body determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role.”

Yeah, that’s not what Graham said…

That isn’t what he said, he said that even if Clinton didn’t commit a crime that he was morally unfit for office and should be impeached.

You think she’s smart??

I’m a white dude - sit on the other side of the political spectrum than her but I think she is a very pretty lady. She can come off a bit naive, but who cares I think the democrats should try to impeach.

I would love to see her and Trump on Jeopardy.

Do you think she’s smart??

Yep!

10brains

Smarter than fat Donald, but that’s a low bar.

2 Likes

To be fair I don’t know if she is smart but she is politically naive, which is the worst I will say about her after watching interviews based on her answers. And it’s not because I am right wing they were just silly answers that even wapo and NYT’s was going after her.

She is very passionate though.

:rofl: Yep! Exactly like that.

Did you think you had a point here?

1 Like

The Trump apologists are faceplanting faster than everybody can make threads tonight.

Of course you don’t have to be convicted of a crime. If the argument were true that you can’t indict a sitting President, and you had to be convicted of a crime to be impeached, then you could never impeach a sitting President.

So it’s the ‘under oath’ part that will trigger your agreement to impeach Trump.

Because he’s already lied more than Clinton.

It appears you’re agreeing with me that Snow’s post didn’t address Graham’s hypocrisy.

There was no hypocrisy to address by Graham.

In 1999 Graham apparently said you don’t have to even be convicted of a crime to be impeached. I didn’t see in his current statement that you had to be convicted of a crime to be impeached.