Ocasio-Cortez and her magic trains

The magic trains. This is my absolute favorite part of the green new deal. Nothing else is close. Why are they magic? It’s simple. According to AOC, we are all going to be dead in about a dozen years. We must eliminate air travel before this happens. So it stands to reason, that very soon, magic trains will need to appear. They are magic for two reasons. They must suddenly appear out of nowhere and they must run using magic energy. And to make up for the loss of air travel, how many would we need? 100,000? Unless of course it is magic, like Santa’s sleigh. Then you only need one. If we cannot do this through magic, we will need some billionaire to develop the system. Oh wait, I forgot, She’s banning billionaires. So there’s that. So it’s gotta be magic then.

And the best part. Watching Nancy, Adam Shifty Schiff and the rest of the west coast posse, climb on board for the long trip back to Frisco. They will barely have enough time to get off, take a dump and climb back aboard. Unless of course magic is involved. :rofl:

Other countries make high speed rail work. It’s a shame we can’t.

Other countries didn’t ban air travel. And no country ahs developed a train that runs on magic energy. She’s bat ■■■■ crazy. We all be able to admit this.

If she’s crazy, what does that make Donald Trump?

1 Like

Replacing something doesn’t equal banning something… regardless of its feasibility.

Tell it to AOC.

Why do I care about this freshman congresswoman’s draft plan that isn’t even posted anymore?

I respectfully ask that you stay within community guidelines and remain on topic. There are thousands of Trump hating threads in this forum. Creating another one would be boring. No subject changing allowed.

Thank you!

That’s your call. I think it’s kina funny though.

I found it unrealistic, and more of an aspiration based on reports that we are getting close to a “point of no return”. It definitely needs a ton of revision with an eye on practicality.

While unrealistic, and I guess funny to deniers to mock the idea of change, I find it anything but funny because it highlights just how screwed we are if the predictions are correct. If this is the radical change that is needed, it shows just how far away we are, which is not funny at all.

1 Like

Dude you seem a bit obsessed with AOC. I admit she is not a bad looking woman but I dont feel the need to comment on her every word.

She is a freshman congressman woman that has for whatever reason caught the media’s attention but she has zero power in congress. Of course she has her admirers and I am sure she is being tutored for bigger things but right now she has no record whatsoever to speak of.

The fact she is taking up so much of the conservative media’s time and yours tells me that there is something about her that you are worried about. Can you explain exactly what that is? Why are you constantly running around scared?

1 Like

No matter what anyone believes. No problem can be solved by going totally off the rails.(pun intended)

Post of the day! I mean that sincerely

Realistically it is a starting point in a discussion… a fourteen-page non-binding resolution. Yes I think it was grandiose, but again, that would be needed for the 12 year horizon it is based on. That is the point, the depressing point…

Those countries are generally more densely populated than us.

She’s not crazy. Not if one takes the time to actually understand the issue.

It seems crazy only to those who are uninformed.

1 Like

Is she informed? Does she have any clue that her plan is not based in reality? You cannot wish for the technology to make this happen and it be so. It simply is not doable in the real world. If it was, it would already be done. It would be worth billions to anyone who could pull it off.

She’s clearly more informed than many if not most of her detractors given the frequency and rapidity which she’s been making fools of them.

This is quite specious logic. There currently is no financial incentive to reduce CO2 emissions.

1 Like

Not sure how population density works to high speed rail’s advantage. They are not stopping to pick everyone up.

Plus, what I learned on the science channel is that much of the current high speed rail lines are passing through unpopulated areas between population centers.

I’m not disagreeing. I’m disappointed that Cal isn’t going to make their high speed rail work but it sounds like that may be due more to bad management and corruption than actual technical obstacles.

If we don’t drastically do something for Global Warming.

Does anyone else, not believe this from Cortez?

Now why would a politician say something like the “world is
going to end”, or that “we’re all going to die soon”, unless he
or she wanted to whip people intentionally into a frenzy?