Obstruction of Justice - What Does It Take?

Has Donald been the departure from elitist entitlement and corruption his supporters had hoped for?

Or just a more palatable sort of elitist corruption than previous incarnations?

Anything on topic?

1 Like

Anything other than “Where were the cries about obstruction from libs before we all started supporting Donald?”

No, anything on the topic of this thread. You seem confused.

It’s why I have you, friend. Your wisdom keeps me grounded. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m fine with waiting until after Trump is voted out in 2020 to let the courts decide if he obstructed and committed other crimes.

Likewise. Let’s ride this ■■■■ storm out and worry about indictments after he’s left office.

1 Like

Google is cool

“Obstruction of justice is defined by federal statute as any “interference with the orderly administration of law and justice” and governed by 18 U.S.C. §§ 1501-1521. Federal code identifies more than 20 specific types of obstruction, including “Obstruction of proceedings before departments, agencies, and committees” (18 U.S.C. § 1505), the specific code section cited in the Nixon and Clinton articles of impeachment.

Other ways an individual may commit this offense include, but are not limited to, the following acts:

https://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/obstruction-of-justice.html

So would getting a former campaign staffer to contact the Attorney General to request that the current investigation into foreign interference be limited to future interference and not the interference in the past election count?

Hey, stay on topic! This is about bleachbit bingo!

3 Likes

ummm yes?

2 Likes

Mueller cant bring any charges against the sitting prez therefore by persnickety trump via vee must be innocent

I pray its ugly. As so many Cons have pointed out trump has been in litigation his whole life so it would be a shame to deprive him in his last remaining years of something he has become so accustomed too.

I.e. Richard Nixon.

1 Like

Not what he asked is it?

…as in giving anyone who could…immunity?

Are you kidding me? All they talked about were “grand children and golf scores”…amirite? :sunglasses:

A sitting President did that?

Wouldn’t that be a conspiracy to commit or being an accomplice?

That’s witness tampering – a seperate crime.