Obama administration that never was

To be fair it works both ways.
There are many Trump supporters who approve what is being done by Trump to erase whatever Obama did. And when asked most of them say that it is a good thing because Trump says so. And that is devoid of facts.
I don’t appreciate anyone who gives credit or non-credit without doing their homework about the subject.
There are so many sources it is really pretty easy to get around any spin and have a grasp on the facts.
But most folks (on both sides) don’t have the time or do not want to make the effort. So a lot of the time they are single source believers which has a high percentage of being spin.
What gets me is how folks on the left were blasted here a few years ago when they mentioned something that Bush did in relation to Obama. And I have noticed that many of those folks now are quick to mention Obama.

asteroids

You know how the spaceship moves in the “Asteroids” game? The economy has inertia like that too. That’s why Obama gets credit for overseeing a direction change from economic freefall to steady growth, and Trump only gets credit for overseeing the same trend that Obama left him.

1 Like

You are simply reciting LW talking points. And yet no one can tell me what Obama did to drive Trump’s booming economy.

Trump isn’t erasing Obama’s legacy just for the hell of it. He is undoing all of the damage left by Obama.

I remember the first Thanksgiving with Trump as president. He asked if he could un-pardon Obama’s turkeys.

Trump isn’t about MAGA as much as he is erasing the accomplishments of a black president.

1 Like

Really? :joy:

The ones the Trump ended obviously!

You have it.

Because he’s black?

LOL, you’d think they’d get over their ODS by now.

Why should one turkey gets a stay of execution while others don’t?

We are done. I won’t engage in race baiting with you.

Well, what is booming about Trump’s economy, in numbers? If you tell me how you’re measuring it, then it we can see if Obama had anything to do with it.

So you are going to tell me? Don’t make me laugh.

I’ve already had this very same discussion in three other threads over the last 6 months. Sorry you missed it. One big takeaway from those threads demonstrated that LIBs know their talking points. When pressed for substance, they simply doubled down on those talking points.

Soooooooooo…………………………

I believe it has already been beat to death. I have no interest in doing it yet again.

If you’re willing to tell me what metric you’re using, I won’t say any talking points and I will just reply with the same metric from Obama.

In those three threads, I spent a considerable amount of time researching and tracking down exactly the kind of statistical data that you are looking for. I really have no appetite for doing it yet again.

Not “give government more authority”.

There were more jobs created during Obama’s last 12 months in office than jobs created during Trump’s first 12 months in office. From February of 2016 till January of 2017 there were about 2.48 million jobs created. From February of 2017 till January of 2018 there were about 2.074 million jobs created. There were about 406,000 more jobs created during Obama’s last 12 months in office than were created during Trump’s first 12 months in office.

How about we compare Obama’s last year with Trump’s first full year following his tax cuts - 2018? :wink:

That would be 2.679 million jobs created. As I pointed out in my prior three threads, we can each cherry pick the BLS data to tell any story we would like.

Trump can try to undo Obama’s legacy, but he’ll never undo the simple truth that Obama is a better person than Trump.

2 Likes