O.C. federal judge dismisses Newport Beach doctor's indictment due to trial suspensions

I am a old guy and I will tell you when you get to retirement age there will be a strong desire to go where it is warm.

Not for me. I’ve got those viking genes. I think.

The worst years of my life were the ones spent in South Florida - America’s Elephant Graveyard.

The most terrifying car ride I’ve ever experienced was going up the Sierras on US 50 between Sac and South Lake Tahoe, at 2 am in heavy fog.

Thankfully, the blizzard didn’t start until we were mostly over the pass.

I am pretty used to driving in snow, having lived much of my life in Northeast Pennsylvania where it snows regularly and heavily.

I’m ok in snow.

But US-50 drops 1,000 ft in elevation in a bit more than 10 miles between the pass and the lake, and our car did not have 4wd or snowchains. We lied to the chain control roadblock guys.

I think that was the first time I was cognizant of “Runaway Truck Ramps” as a thing.

Once upon a time there was a Viking Commander who stood up before his men and said, “When we hit shore we are going into the village and kill all the men, and rape all the women, and eat all the food. And please guys, this time don’t get it wrong”.

1 Like

Got it. So we kill the women, rape the food and eat the men.

Sounds good.

I had the same experience coming back from Reno on I80 to Sac. I could not see more then three feet in front of me at 60mph. I just prayed that everyone else had pulled off or was going the speed limit.

1 Like

Being a transplant from upstate New York to Virginia, it’s not your driving skills in the snow you have to worry about.

A. Southern states don’t have the snow removal and treatment capacities that we did in the north.
B. Secondly southerners have no clue about driving in snow and ice.
C. (And this is a big one.) The road conditions are different***.

*** By that I mean, in the north where I’m from we would get hard frosts and frozen ground starting in October. Once snow season started snow stayed - well - snow. Down here the ground is warmer and doesn’t get that frozen state. So when snow falls, especially on the roads it melts due to ground contact, but then the cold air freezes it to ice. Then you have snow removal that can only really concentrate on primary roads so all the secondary’s get to be really dangerous because cars driving on it are adding to the icy conditions by packing and refreezing. The secondary roads become just sheets of ice for a few days.

The safest location for your car in those conditions is in the driveway. Not to think “I can drive in the snow”, but remember that “these idiots can’t drive on ice.”
.WW, PSHS

Why isn’t the correct decision, to just postpone everything…allowing the treatment the doctor has going forward…to be the same treatment he’d receive…until his fair trial? Why is letting him off, never to face the charges of doing something so criminal…if true…the right course of action?

Jeffrey Dove Olsen has the right to a fair & speedy trial, which clearly has been denied here.

It isn’t just criminal defendants in California being denied that right while those wanting a tatt can still get one. How about those who want to exercise the pursuit of happiness with another person, but can’t until they get their day in family court for a divorce?

Or those with a squabble regarding child custody? ■■■■ that lockdown ■■■■■

Key word Speedy.

If it’s possible to get everything from a tanning bed to a tattoo to abortion in CA, the doc should not have to postpone his right to a trial.

1 Like

Even the language of the pandemic is retarded.

“Staying safe.”

From whom or what? If a jogger in California gets attacked by a wildcat, but tests negative for COVID 19 antibodies, has he ir she “stayed safe”?

“Lockdown”. I didn’t realize this term had a use outside the prison system.

“Six feet apart”.

Just who comes up with this crap? Probably the same drones who seem to think breast cancer starts at 40, colon cancer at 50 (Chad Bozeman was evidence it doesn’t), or that babies just start to get Downs Syndrome after the mother turns 36.

Start those screenings respectively at 40, 50 and 36.:roll_eyes:

Retarded. Dr. Olsen & all others with businesses in state & federal courts should be able to conduct it.

You’re suppose to start screening for colon cancer at 40

The Constitution protects a right to a speedy trial explicitly and Federal law sets very tight deadlines in Federal cases.

If neither the courts nor the prosecution can meet those deadlines, the defendant walks free.

Not a nice option, but an explicitly granted Constitutional right is an absolute, not a gray area.

Not per CDC

Black Americans, however, should probably start these screenings earlier:

Colon Cancer: Why It's Taking More Black Men and When We Should Be Screened - BlackDoctor.org - Where Wellness & Culture Connect.

Totally don’t agree with collective medicine & not treating patients as individuals.