NYC's Democrat Leadership will allow foreign nationals to vote in city elections

Being a legal citizen is very specific to the issue of being able to vote.

1 Like

NYC Mayor’s Office

NYCitizenship: Your Citizenship Journey:

What about foreign nationals who are legal residents ? F.e. I’ve had Chinese and Indian coworkers who worked and paid taxes and eventually did get citizenship but were legal residents for year prior to that. There’s no reason why they should be barred from voting in local elections (not federal ones).

They pay taxes and live there.

Would you say the same thing about someone who moved to NYC from Iowa?

who actually votes isn’t as important as who counts the votes

150,000 ballots found after the polls close- “Bozo the clown” voting absentee or early

hanging chads and crayon marks

1 Like

You seem to suggest that one who does not pay taxes should not be able to vote. A good portion of the Democrat Party Leadership’s base do not pay any income taxes. Should they be banned from voting?

JWK

When it comes to healthcare and helping the needy, our Democrat Party Leadership has no moral compass whatsoever. They refuse to make the distinction between CHARITABLE GIVING and tax tyranny to support the health care needs of millions of illegal entrants and foreign aliens who have invaded America’s borders.

Nope. I said “pay taxes” as an example of how non citizens put funds into a system that they should have a say in how is run.

1 Like

So, since they pay taxes they should be able to vote?

I’d say the same thing I posted.

1 Like

Since they legally reside in that locality , they should be able to vote in local elections.

Considering it’s the citizenship issue that is the discussion, this is not a comparable example.

So why should those, including citizens, who do not pay any taxes on incomes be allowed to have a say in how government is run or tax revenue is spent?

JWK

It is absolutely shameful that those in our mainstream media and Hollywood crowd, having achieved fame, fortune and great success under a free market, free enterprise system, now work to destroy that system and impose a notoriously evil, Cuban style government, on America’s future generations.

Fine. I agree with citizenship, but not with the “recreate” comment. Chinatown in NYC is a lovely part of the city.

I agree (Mostly).

But the OP is about legal foreign nationals who are also residents of New York City being able to vote in local elections.

New York City is free to allow resident foreign nationals to vote without them being citizens though.

WW

I never said people who don’t pay taxes shouldn’t be allowed to vote.

Good on ya, you found a video about becoming a US Citizen.

WW

So, what does legally reside have to do with voting?

I didn’t say that you did. So, the question is, should those, including citizens, who do not pay any taxes on incomes be allowed to have a say in how government is run or tax revenue is spent?

JWK

It is absolutely shameful that those in our mainstream media and Hollywood crowd, having achieved fame, fortune and great success under a free market, free enterprise system, now work to destroy that system and impose a notoriously evil, Cuban style government, on America’s future generations.

Why is it lovely?