NYC will not light the 9/11 lights this year to prevent COVID spread

This thing has nothing to do with that.

2 Likes

Anyone doubt CV19 will be exploited at all cost through election and well beyond?

CV19 has killed 160,000 Americans and is projected to kill 300,000 by early December.

No more than 9/11 was exploited by every man and his dog, politicians, talk radio, the list goes on and resulted in a pointless invasion of Iraq.

China couldn’t envision such a favorable turn of events for them.

2 Likes

Rudy Giuliani was one of the worst offenders of the 911ism when he ran for president.

Watching the Netflix show about bringing down the five mafia families in NYC, i can’t help but come away impressed how good he was at what he did - first prosecutor that helped put put so many figures in the mob away and later, the mayor who cleaned up NYC.

Bad campaigning in 2008 with 911 fearmongering and deciding to skip early primaries and station himself in Florida or he might have been the nominee.

It’s no Benghazi. But it is on going.

1 Like

The terrorist attack on 911 killed 3000 people. Covid19 will kill 300,000 americans by early December.

And gun violence kills about 36k each year. At least the pandemic will end eventually.

The Tunnel to Towers charity took on the project and the lights are going to happen.

I hope that they will allow for the Extra time it takes to Adhere to Covid standards

1 Like

No offense to your avatar but in his case alcohol killed that campaign.

For real ? I don’t recall that.

I do recall him essentially deciding to skip all the early primaries and park himself in Florida which would be his firewall (many retired NYers and all).

But by the time the race got to Florida, McCain simply had too much momentum.

That doesn’t count they are protected in a invisible mythical woke shield which doesn’t allow the spread of the virus during their “mostly” peaceful protesting.

The alcoholism became obvious later but was an internal issue for ever.

Heh. I guess if I put the Mob Commission bosses away for 100 years, I might have celebrated with a drink or 100,000 :cocktail:

Having practiced law for a bit of time i can tell you that some of the most brilliant and successful people in this field are some of the most ■■■■■■ up humans like ever. But that’s true for basically every industry. Success when compared to personal problems can be represented by a nice 45 degree graph where the y axis are issues and the x axis are success.

Yeah, I can see that. F.e. Michael Jordan comes across as quite a miserable person in that documentary that came out a few months ago.

Quite miserable doesn’t quite cut it. He had editorial control over the tape and still managed to come off as a sociopath. in part because he was the best player of his time.

1 Like

All buildings matter.