NRA falls off the rails!

Her actual statement is that there is no racial or etnic diversity among trains which are man made objects.

The whole thing is ridiculous.

Trains possess no human traits.

She is wrong a number of the train are ethnically diverse.

You really have never seen the show have you?

What’s the name of the show with the talking trains again?

Let’s get her quoted here so there are no misconceptions:

DANA LOESCH (HOST): Thomas the Tank is now bringing gender balance to the show by adding girl trains. Seriously. One of those trains, Nia, will be from Kenya to add ethnic diversity to the show. And – which that by the way, that’s where it gets really strange to me because I’ve looked at Thomas and Friends, at their pictures, and I see gray and blue. Am I to understand this entire time that Thomas and his trains were white? Because they all have gray faces. How do you bring ethnic diversity? I mean they had to paint, what I guess they thought was some sort of African pattern on the side of Nia’s engine? How do you bring ethnic diversity to a show that literally has no ethnicities because they’re trains. They don’t even have skin pigmentation. Where – was there some concern that the show had racist undertones? Because, Sir Topham Hatt clearly is white, but the trains? I mean, I’m looking at this picture and I’m really, really struggling to understand how in the world there isn’t any diversity in any of this. Oh, was it because, I see it. It was the white hoods. And the burning train tracks. OK, fine, fair point. Fair. I get it. Thomas the Tank Engine has been a blight on race relations for far too long. Clearly this is overdue. Right?

Anthropomorphism. It’s stupid.

It’s a completely retarded thing to get worked up about, yes.

Its a kids show about talking trains, why would anyone care about characters being added? Lol.

Which explains why you folks are so agitated.

Utterly brilliant. I’m going to tattoo that statement to my arm.

It pains me to point out the obvious, but anthropomorphism has been a regular fixture in children’s literature for far longer than you’ve been alive.

So yes, in children’s literature and children’s shows, it is quite common for animals, objects, and machines to have human qualities.

:laughing:.

Way to misread the room.

Right? This thread is quickly becoming a classic.

I just read a single-sentence post that made me laugh out loud.

Oh really, who is it that started this thread and for what purpose and why are you all flocking to it so madly to attack Loesch?

Because she is mad they added an African Train to a children show.

Because it’s ■■■■■■■ hilarious to watch conservative pundits get worked up over this ■■■■.

Nobody would care if she hadn’t tried to make an issue of this whole thing and completely embarassed herself.

Yes, we’re so agitated that we started talking about Neo-Nazis and Hitler youth groups when a female Nigerian train was introduced to a children’s show.

We’re so agitated that our stomachs are starting to ache.

Its also so shallow to see her issue really is the fact the train is “African” because the show has been pushing diversity since it started same with pretty much every children show on British TV.

Shallow would be bringing this thread here to rant about in the first place. Shallow and petty on the part of the op.

Yep how dare people criticize poor Dana she is the real victim.

Perhaps you should report it to the moderators. I’m offended as well.