Now it's personal. Build the damned wall!

Stop watching movies.

Mules bring hardly any of it in.

This isn’t a movie. And don’t you dare judge me. I’m not in the mood. Should we secure it or not?

One morning this spring, Pinal County sheriff’s Lt. Matt Thomas pulled off Interstate 8 at the Sonoran Desert National Monument, a stretch of rocky mountains and valleys about 70 miles north of the international boundary in Arizona.

The 487,000-acre preserve is promoted as a prime location for backpacking, stargazing, hunting and horseback riding. But it’s also a drug-smuggling corridor. Cartel operatives carry by backpack loads of drugs from the border through the desert to Interstate 8, which whisks motorists between California and Arizona.

“When you just look at this desert area, and people may even be driving by on I-8 headed to San Diego or wherever, when they look at this area, they just see open desert,” Thomas said. “When I drive up, all I see are smuggling routes.”

At any rate, I truly am sorry for your family’s loss. I hope there is some peace for you somewhere in this terrible situation.

We don’t solve problems wasting money on the margins.

Hardly any heroin comes in by mules…your article doesn’t contradict that.

A wall wouldn’t make a dent in heroin traffic. It just wouldn’t.

I’m very sorry for your loss.
I lost a cousin in 2016 to a heroin overdose. He was just shy of his 48th birthday. He had been a drug addict since he was a teenager and had been in and out of jail and rehab most of his life. Honestly, it wasn’t just heroin he did, but many other drugs, it was just heroin that finally got him. I really don’t care what the number of drugs comes into our country through ports of entry compared to areas with no walls, if a six billion dollar wall will stop one single dose of any drug from getting into our country and prevent one single death, then it’s worth it.

Don’t expect pain and suffering to bring about a change in conscience in liberals, they have no conscience except for the guilty. No matter how many people die, don’t expect them to do anything except blame the victim. Since we can’t stop all drugs with a wall, it’s a waste of time and money- this is their mentality, and if they can screw Trump over while denying a wall, so much the better. It’s partisan politics over the safety and security of Americans. Business as usual…

The wall wont cut off the supply.

Most heroin addicts in the US find their way to this drug via irresponsible prescriptions from their doctor.

Sorry for your loss.

It hasn’t before. It doesn’t now. It won’t in the future. Putting walls in canyons and in front of rivers in Texas, on land forcibly taken from Americans, does not change reality.

That is an absolutely abhorrent thing to say.

#1 Trumps “Mission Accomplished” wall isn’t $6 Billion. The joint agreement was for $1.375 Billion for 55 miles of fencing (IIRC) (not Trumps 30 foot high concrete wall). That’s $25 Million per mile. If 1,500 miles are needed that’s $37.5 Billion.

#2 Can we count you in for $6 Billion in gun control programs if it will stop one single gun of any shooting from happening in our country and prevent one single death and that would be worth it?

(Not a great supporter of gun control laws. I think every state should have open carry as a default and you only need a license if you want concealed carry and with the provision that private property owners rights are respected and they can refuse entrance to armed individuals and prosecute them for trespassing.)
.>>>>

Heroin is being cut with Fentanyl from China which has been the cause for the huge spike in overdoses.

Honestly sorry for your loss and any pain your family is going through…

Not to get personal but a wall is going to be as effective as prison walls are at keeping drugs out…not very effective

The opioid crisis in America is something no one really want to address Trump tried to make it an issue but it never really took off.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/opioids/

we need to stop treating drug abuse like a criminal issue, and treat it like a health issue.

Drugs are not the only things stopped or significantly slowed by a wall as you well know. No one has said or implied otherwise, but whereas there are some harmless people just looking for opportunities, who come across our border illegally, there are no harmless drugs being brought across our border illegally. Let’s use some common sense and get as much control as possible as to who comes into our country and for what reason.

It’s not wasting money. And it’ not a “margin” according to DHS. Do yo want a secure border or a semi secure border? Do you think that human traffickers are bringing their victims through a check point? Locking the front door while leaving the back door open is just stooopid.

It is wasting money on the margins.

Even the DHS “experts” quoted by Trump had to have their words twisted to make it sound like they supported Trump’s grandiose vision for a wall.

And as for your original post wanting the wall built to stop the drug trade…the wall won’t stop the drug trade.

For over 50 years, tobacco products have been carrying the warnings about the dangers of cancer. Doctors have been telling people, Kids learn about it in health class at school, the government has been warning… EVERYONE IN AMERICA is taught from childhood tobacco is bad for you, yet hundreds of thousands are still dying every year due to tobacco related diseases. How much more education is needed?? How many more government programs until people get it? What classes in schools are still needed to finally get to the point where this deadly product is removed from America?

Whether it’s drugs, tobacco or sex, people like their vices and no amount of education is going to change that. Sometimes eliminating the supply- or at least to the greatest extent possible, is the only way to effectively deal with the problem. Society doesn’t have a good track record of making wise “health” decisions…

And we need to start treating heroin dealers like they are selling arsenic. Because they pretty much are. Punish people severely who peddle death.

1 Like

Nothing is perfect in this life. Would a wall drastically slow down sex trafficking, Gangs, and Illegal Drugs coming in and out of this country? Of course it would. That’s just common sense.

It would make it a lot easier for more ICE agents to solely Focuse on Port of Entry Areas, with more safer ways to do it, considering Obama didn’t put hardly any money for the Military and ICE, and Trump has. A lot more drugs, and illegal things could easily be stopped at the Ports of Entries with a wall.

Because instead of ICE having to try and constantly scan and try and look for illegal actions all over the border, they’d only have to do it mainly at the points of entries instead.

Supply and demand. If you supply ICE with more updated proper tools to block drugs, and help keep our border safe, the more they’ll be able to save women from sex trafficking. If you supply America with a border wall, then statistically and mathematically you keep the people on the inside safe, from what the bad
is on the outside, and people who want to come here legally are most certainly
welcome, after American’s know who are actually coming into America and we vent them.

I don’t see why the Dem Dem Politicians would allow Sancturary Cities, and wouldn’t want to vent illegal criminal Aliens??