Now it's personal. Build the damned wall!

The unsecured areas should be secured. That would shut a lot of it down. Going through secured areas is highly risky. Many mules are caught and sent to prison. Their dogs and agents are really good at what they do.

Thanks again

I’m sorry for your loss.

no matter how many losses it won’t matter to the Democrat Politicians.

They seem to be immune, when it comes to the safety of the American
People.

I don’t know why, but unfortunately, they seem to care more about illegal
Immigrants, and refugees than actual American citizens themselves.

I’m sorry for your loss, venting your frustrations is therapeutic. I hope you understand that is why I moved your thread to the safe space forum. This way, you can continue to voice your feelings without the risk of someone belittling your loss.

1 Like

They are making a false choice. They speak as if we have to choose between smuggling routes and legal ports of entry. We don’t have to choose. We need to do better at all. Much better.

Thanks. As I said, I never really knew her. It’s my daughter and son in law who are going through pain.

Full stop.

You are clearly ignoring what has been presented to you.

“That would shut a lot of it down” No, because again, as provably true, the drugs come through legal ports of entry. Trucks, trains, planes. It’s a really simple reality to grasp, even more so when you think of the sheer weight of the drugs consumed in the USA every day. Juan and pedro are not ferrying that weight across the desert in backpacks.

As demonstrated by the sheer volume of drugs that comes through every day, not really. Losing 1 out of 10 semi’s is just the tax of the trade

Most are not.

Its true. However, as the facts lay bare, they cannot keep up. Which is why upgrading their technology and personnel is far more important and a greater use of our money than walls over rivers in texas.

Sorry for the pain your family is going through.

A wall would not really have prevented it though. Nor the pain tens of thousands of other families who deal with drug addiction/overdose are dealing with.

Walls don’t heal broken people, much less effect trafficking through ports of entry,

1 Like

What has been fueling the resurgence of heroin in this country has been the over-prescribing of pain killer pills.

1 Like

Oh you have a boo boo? Let’s prescribe you a couple weeks of Vicodin!

Every time… when a simple over the counter solution would work.

Maybe not but a wall in strategic areas would free up resources at the ports of entry. There is definitely a need for a variety of deterrents at our southern border and a wall is one of them.

What resources are those?

Yes, nearly all of the heroin fueling a U.S. resurgence enters the country through legal ports of entry that are on the U.S.-Mexico border.

A dumb wall would not affect that. Putting more money into addressing mental health and drug addiction in this country would do far more to prevent what happened to your son in law’s Sister which is what you are looking for.

Please don’t. Just stop okay? I don’t need to be judged by you right now.

We need to do better at stopping this poison everywhere. Anywhere it comes in. We don’t need to choose. Fix it all. Leaving vast areas totally unprotected is simply insane.

Border Patrol agents for one who patrol the border, if there was a wall that funneled more into the ports of entry they could be stationed there rather then spread out along the border. For every drug sniffing dog you need a dog handler so some of the line agents could be freed up to do that.

Barriers at strategic locations are what the Democrats have been trying to tell Trump is needed.

Unfortunately he keeps pretending that he is building a big, beautiful concrete and rebar wall.

Not in this case. Regardless of the theories, we cannot continue to leave vast areas wide open for the cartels. It’s insane.

What is your source? And is this a good reason to leave vast areas totally unprotected and opened to the cartels? Is this an excuse?

One morning this spring, Pinal County sheriff’s Lt. Matt Thomas pulled off Interstate 8 at the Sonoran Desert National Monument, a stretch of rocky mountains and valleys about 70 miles north of the international boundary in Arizona.

The 487,000-acre preserve is promoted as a prime location for backpacking, stargazing, hunting and horseback riding. But it’s also a drug-smuggling corridor. Cartel operatives carry by backpack loads of drugs from the border through the desert to Interstate 8, which whisks motorists between California and Arizona.

“When you just look at this desert area, and people may even be driving by on I-8 headed to San Diego or wherever, when they look at this area, they just see open desert,” Thomas said. "When I drive up, all I see are smuggling routes."