Now it's personal. Build the damned wall!

Southwestern border

Most of the illicit drugs come into the United States across the vast 2,000-mile land border between the US and Mexico, called the Southwestern border or SWB.[11] Drug cartels in Mexico utilize drug mules, tunnels, boats, vehicles, trains, aircrafts, donkeys, and couriers to get illegal drugs into America. Mexican drug cartels make an estimated $19-$29 billion a year on drug sales in the United States.[12] Conflicts between drug cartels over territory as well as the attempts to stop drug trafficking by law enforcement officials often results in violence, and this has caused over 55,000 deaths since the proclaimed Mexican Drug War began in 2006

Agreed…don’t waste money on the wall…spend the money to detect the heroin where it’s coming through…at ports of entry being smuggled in with shippments of legitimate goods.

Sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

Again, the vast, vast majority of drugs come in through ports of entry. Attacking the problem with the wall is the opposite of the 80/20 principle. There are diminishing returns.

I apologize if I am discussing this too forthrightly.

From what you’re saying (she was in jail during the wedding, went to rehab), this wasn’t something new.

For longtime users, overdoses are uncommon and usually fit into one of three categories:

1. A bad batch.
  2. A first shot after detoxing.
  3. Intentional suicide.

That the drugs come in through legal ports of entry. Your quote doesn’t disagree with that.

We don’t know what “they” did since we don’t know who “they” is.

Post the link you pasted this from…then we can know.

Sorry for your loss.

Chicago didn’t become El Chapo’s hub by donkey.

For eight weeks, a jury in Brooklyn federal court has been listening to witnesses recount how Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman moved tons of cocaine and heroin from Mexico to the United States, almost none of it—if any at all—across an unsecured stretch of border.

The makings of tens of thousands of overdoses was not backpacked across the desert by undocumented aliens. Much of it was smuggled by licensed drivers in vehicles through official points of entry, hidden in jalapeno pepper cans or frozen seafood or hidden compartments or wherever else might elude the searchers and their canines. The El Chapo Trial Shows Trump Is All Wrong About Drugs

Any death to drugs is such a shame of lost dreams and could have beens.

Do you remember the GOP attempt to rewrite the ACA? It would have gotten rid of the mandatory coverage of rehab and drug counseling that the ACA provides.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/03/09/gop-health-care-bill-would-drop-mental-health-coverage-mandate-covering-1-3-million-americans/?utm_term=.97cbd687681c

2 Likes

The best advice I can give is (I know it sounds silly) support groups.

A lot of other people have had experience with this, and they can help you and your family deal with getting through it.

Thank you.

This makes it sound like you think it was intentional. If that is the case then a wall definitely would not have done any good, never mind the fact that most of the illegal drugs come into this country through ports of entry.

Instead of wasting money on a dumb wall, you should be saying “GET MORE ■■■■■■■ MONEY BACK INTO ADDRESSING MENTAL HEALTH AND DRUG ADDICTION!!!”.

Condolences to your son in law for his loss.

I don’t have any thoughts on the matter.

Nearly all of the heroin fueling a U.S. resurgence enters the country over the 1,933-mile Mexico border, according to the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.

Nearly all of the heroin fueling a U.S. resurgence enters the country over the 1,933-mile Mexico border, according to the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.

USA Today.

the 1933 mile mexico border has legal ports of entry that the drugs come through.

Your quote does not disagree with me, again.

Even IF drugs do come across the southern border, a wall isn’t going to solve this issue. Drug suppliers will find another way. It’s simple supply and demand, a wall won’t stop the demand within our country and the supply will find other ways to deliver on that demand.

It’s not an if. According to Sean Hannity, 300 people per week die from Heroin. Almost all of it crossing the southern border.